Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rings on different fingers?  (Read 1815 times)

Alizarin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Rings on different fingers?
« on: September 13, 2010, 05:07:18 pm »

Have you ever noticed that whenever your character equips a ring, it would describe it as "ring, thumb, right hand" , no matter how many rings you were wearing? What I'm saying is that you could be wearing 10 rings all on your thumb at once. Is it possible to wear rings on other fingers other than your thumb, right hand? If not, than would it be possible for me to mod this in? And if so, could you give me a few pointers on where to start? Just a small feature that I think would give the game more character depth lol. Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah, P.S: Same thing goes with earrings... they always appear on the right ear. It would be cool to see different positions of the earring (conch, lobe, helix, etc...) as well as the other ear. Thanks again :D
The Bull headbutt's the Minotaur in the buttocks, bruising the muscle and shattering the lower spine's bone and tearing the nervous tissue through the cow leather trousers!
The Minotaur slams into an obstacle!
http://cdn-www.i-am-bored.com/media/japanbullart.jpg

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
Re: Rings on different fingers?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 08:24:48 am »

Are you suggesting we implement pimp canes?
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Comrade_Fregge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 10:09:42 am »

If youve ever played Saints Row 2, you know better then to underestimate the almighty pimp cane.

monkeyfetus

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring:terrible puns]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 12:10:03 pm »

I would guess this is a hardcoded thing where it picks the first appropriate body part it comes across. I doubt you could do anything to change it without needing to create a "left thumb ring", "left first finger ring", "right first finger ring", "left earlobe earring", etc. I'm not even sure if that itself is possible.
Why does my adventurer keep crying?
Greiger's is actually correct...  sadly enough.  The emotional circumstance processor is still turned on, with a randomly rolled up personality, but they can't express themselves or take control...  they can only cry.

Alizarin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 03:14:14 pm »

Ah, alright, thanks.

If youve ever played Saints Row 2, you know better then to underestimate the almighty pimp cane.
And yes, pimp canes (especially in Saints Row 2) can be quite fashionable as well as deadly  8)
no.. that doesn't necessarily mean I want them in the game lol 
The Bull headbutt's the Minotaur in the buttocks, bruising the muscle and shattering the lower spine's bone and tearing the nervous tissue through the cow leather trousers!
The Minotaur slams into an obstacle!
http://cdn-www.i-am-bored.com/media/japanbullart.jpg

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 04:12:43 pm »

A fat, cut rock on every knuckle should count for something, though.

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 12:48:18 pm »

to answer your first question you CAN wear it on a different hand or finger but it requires a very painful dwarven way, CUT OFF YOUR THUMB.

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 05:31:54 pm »

to answer your first question you CAN wear it on a different hand or finger but it requires a very painful dwarven way, CUT OFF YOUR THUMB.

This makes me think you could cut off all but the last finger to be selected for ring wearing, then put it on. Then use a bodypart regenerating trick (such as altering the raws), and cut off all but the last two. Put another ring on, repeat.

You could have a ring on every finger!

Of course, I don't even know if it is possible to intentionally sever specific body parts.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 06:43:47 pm »

*Pinch*
Sadly you can't wrestle yourself... maybe putting in some sort of tag might only allow on per digit, sorta like breastplates but on fingers?