Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 33d Brewer Won't Brew  (Read 1252 times)

nordo

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think so, Urist.
    • View Profile
33d Brewer Won't Brew
« on: December 03, 2007, 11:24:00 pm »

This has happened to me a couple of times at new fortresses.  The still will be constructed and "brew a drink" will be queued up, but the brewer will just stand around listed as "no job."

The only way to make him brew, is by having him remove the still and then build a new one.  After that he will immediately do any "brew a drink" jobs that I queue in the new still.

[ December 03, 2007: Message edited by: nordo ]

Prepared monarch butterfly brain.

axus

• Bay Watcher
  • Axe Murderer
    • View Profile
Re: 33d Brewer Won't Brew
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 12:13:00 am »

Haven't seen it in my games, but I'll give your post a bump.  No booze is serious business!  If there were an actual reason he would cancel the job and there's be a reason in red.  What happens if you turn on someone elses brewing profession?

nordo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 01:00:00 pm »

I turned on brewing for some peasants with "no job," but they stayed as "no job." and never went near the still.

Nil Eyeglazed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 08:45:00 pm »

Did you build the still someplace different the second time?

I would expect that the explanation would be that the impassable squares of the still blocked off access to brewers and/or brewable plants.  Were you conscious of the impassable squares of the still?

He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...<P>It should be pretty fun though.

Jifodus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress Projects
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 09:35:00 pm »

I had a similar problem, a mason's shop was being constructed the blocks were not. What I found as a workaround was setting a single dwarf to the workshop. I think the job distribution system might be broken this version.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 03:04:00 am »

Does somebody have a "no job" save where it is definitely not a connectivity/labor setting problem?
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

nordo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 10:47:00 pm »

Yeah, when I set the workshops to be used by specific dwarfs, it works fine, but when I change the settings of which skill levels are allowed in a workshop, NOBODY will go into the workshop.

And yes, the still was built in the exact same spot, so it couldn't have been a blocked doorway problem.

Sorry Toady, but I don't have the save file anymore.  I'll try to make it happen again and send a copy for you if I can.