Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I've got a quick question.  (Read 559 times)

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I've got a quick question.
« on: September 08, 2010, 05:45:06 pm »

I've seen people mention playing goblin adventurers, and on the wiki it mentions that if you get lucky a goblin civilization will be allied with humans and you can play as goblins. Is there a more reliable method of unlocking goblin adventurers? I'd prefer not to have to just keep world-genning until I get lucky.

EDIT: Oh, and a different question: I've been playing around with the Wanderer's Friend mod, and whenever I make something from bone it uses every bone of that type I have, regardless of the amount. It's really annoying. Is there some way to separate stacks of bones?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 06:20:37 pm by Mythos »
So, I tediously awaited the arrival of the dwarven caravan (I'm set up on a island, see)... And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I've got a quick question.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 08:54:53 pm »

I've seen people mention playing goblin adventurers, and on the wiki it mentions that if you get lucky a goblin civilization will be allied with humans and you can play as goblins. Is there a more reliable method of unlocking goblin adventurers? I'd prefer not to have to just keep world-genning until I get lucky.

EDIT: Oh, and a different question: I've been playing around with the Wanderer's Friend mod, and whenever I make something from bone it uses every bone of that type I have, regardless of the amount. It's really annoying. Is there some way to separate stacks of bones?

Add the [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] tag to raw/entity_default under [GOBLIN]
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 02:01:53 am »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:23:57 pm by Bronimin »

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 04:33:21 pm »

Thanks. Adding that allowed me to play as a goblin and I'll try to dismember enemies I want to make things out of, but I've got a different issue. I've just re-downloaded DF after not playing for a while and now every time I make a world (I found out after regenning to play as a goblin) I end up with a frozen wasteland COVERED in snow, with very few areas that aren't covered in snow. I've tried a few worlds now, it's always covered in snow. It's sort of annoying, why is it happening?

EDIT: Hmm. I tried a 129x129 world instead of a 257x257 one, and it wasn't covered in snow. Odd.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 04:37:29 pm by Mythos »
So, I tediously awaited the arrival of the dwarven caravan (I'm set up on a island, see)... And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 04:38:39 pm »

Frozen=Cold=Snow
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".