Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Niewbie fortress: Clinchedbuttocks of Buttery Butter  (Read 1387 times)

taro8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Niewbie fortress: Clinchedbuttocks of Buttery Butter
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 12:34:12 am »

It is spelled copper
Sorry it was a type ;).

So I have vain of native copper, but from what I saw on wiki I will need some other ores as well to do smelting, or can I simply use copper as it is?

Also, I do believe that copper war hammers would be pretty good, if you made some iron battleaxes or something as well

From what I know its all about density of metal used, silver is good for blunt weapons as its density is higher then steel, ie. its heavier at same size. While silver swords arent that good as they chip away more easily.

Fun fact: from what I can remember pure refined gold is very dense and those normal ingots you probably know are damn heavy for their size.

Weapons can be made of copper, bronze, silver, bismuth bronze, iron, steel, and a certain metal you will find in the depths.

I read that you can make obsidian weapons as well, or am I mistaken?

BTW:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Im sorry for these questions, but while I managed to grasp basics of DF, Im still in the dark when it comes to all that ore and materials.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 08:00:41 am »

You can make obsidian short swords at a craftsdwarf's workshop, but they are not very useful.

Im sorry for these questions, but while I managed to grasp basics of DF, Im still in the dark when it comes to all that ore and materials.

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Ore
http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Metal
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

taro8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2010, 01:16:09 pm »

Still I didnt get answer to my question will I absolutely need other materials to smelt copper into something I can make weapons out of, or can I use just a copper ore?

Another question: I managed to build trade depot, but I read that you could make it a trap so you can drown merchants and steal their stuff. I have a brook, so I think I could pull of drowning trap pretty easily. Would killing merchants cause any other problems other then them, you know dying? Like no more merchants will come or something.

bremarv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2010, 02:27:08 pm »

Still I didnt get answer to my question will I absolutely need other materials to smelt copper into something I can make weapons out of, or can I use just a copper ore?

It can be used alone, you should look for some tin so you can make bronze, which is a lot better than copper and iron.

Another question: I managed to build trade depot, but I read that you could make it a trap so you can drown merchants and steal their stuff. I have a brook, so I think I could pull of drowning trap pretty easily. Would killing merchants cause any other problems other then them, you know dying? Like no more merchants will come or something.

They will start bringing less valuable stuff, which in the case of elves means more animals and less cloth. if you do it enough they may go to war with you.
the future isn't the present on steroids. The future is a mutated bacteria that you never saw coming. - Annalee Newitz
there are certain rooms that should not have lava moats. Namely danger room, and daycare rooms.
I prefer dwarves for some things. Like not laying eggs.
Pages: 1 [2]