Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: T.O.M.E. / t-engine4  (Read 1223 times)

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
T.O.M.E. / t-engine4
« on: September 11, 2010, 11:27:09 pm »

There are threads about TOME, I know, but ffs, to post there would be an unholy act of necrophilia. That's where I draw the line.

Anyway, TOME.

http://tome.te4.org/

I tried it the first time, yesterday, and I'm puzzled. It feels so unfinished and unbalanced and sometimes buggy. What's up with that, I thought its so old it should be almost done by now? When people talk about the game I thought it would be deeper, yet it seems so... simple and straightforward... what am I missing?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: T.O.M.E. / t-engine4
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 11:41:55 pm »

Um, if it helps, there's currently (at least) three different ToMEs; one for the t-engine (The original), for TE2 (I think, anyway -- Tome 3), and the latest, for the most recent incarnation of the T-Engine, ToME 4. The original ToME (Which was, itself, originally PernAngband, before whuzzername, the Pern author lady, bit exerted her rights lawyer threats at it. Something like that, anyway.). ToME 3 was never really finished to the point ToME was, and T4's currently in beta -- and a lot of the content (well, many of the classes and a few races) is locked at the beginning, so you're not getting the whole picture immediately.

This is, I think, a direct link to the windows port of the latest original-ToME download. This, is the link to the last window's version of ToME 3. The page you linked was where the latest beta/alphas for ToME 4 is currently being put up.

This is where the old versions are being hosted; it's the older ToME site, t-o-m-e.net.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 11:44:43 pm »

Yeah, I figured it would be somehting like that, thanks for clearing it up...

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 03:28:45 am »

I prefer a necrophile than a threadphile.

Plus DarkGod follows the original T4 thread. Or used to.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 10:42:49 am »

Yeah, the graphical ToME that comes with the T-Engine is pretty lame.
Shoes...