Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf won't rest, v33d (special case?)  (Read 779 times)

Spiders Everywhere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf won't rest, v33d (special case?)
« on: December 03, 2007, 03:15:00 pm »

So one of my marksdwarves tantrumed after losing a friend and a dog in a battle. She picked a poor peasant to take it out on, knocking the peasant unconscious. Someone carried the peasant to a bed in the barracks, but the marksdwarf followed her, broke both her legs, and smashed the bed she was resting on (it was a masterwork bed, too, now my carpenter is running around babbling  :roll: ) So now the marksdwarf is in jail (where she had a baby, who seems unhappy about spending its first formative months in a cage), and the peasant won't rest even though I built a new bed under her. I've tried all the tricks I can think of but I can't get her resting. Sigh.

Havlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf won't rest, v33d (special case?)
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 03:23:00 am »

I think I just experienced something that is similar to your situation. What happened was a cave-in on a rock column that I was strip mining. One dwarf died, one suffered mangling injury to her upper and lower left leg. Then things got worse; no one would take her to a bed to rest. Even though I had plenty of empty beds, since I'm sharing a map with a human town, she was just left lying on the ground. What was more interesting was that the other dwarfs would bring her water and food there.

Finally, I figured out what the problem was: there wasn't a barracks. So I built and designated a bed as a barracks, and sure enough, she was moved into that bed. Of course, I had to screw it up by seeing if she'd be moved to another barracks on a differant z-level designating a bed there, then removing the one she's resting on. Now she can't enter the resting state even when moved to another bed. And I also noticed that the dwarfs won't move an injured dwarf to another bed in the barracks if the one it's on is removed. I guess the "recover injured" check isn't triggered if the dwarf is already in a barracks "room zone".