Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Trying to make one of the wiki's challenges...  (Read 673 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Trying to make one of the wiki's challenges...
« on: September 06, 2010, 06:52:04 am »

I am trying to make the Dwarftopia wiki challenge (http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Challenges#Dwarftopia), and I am having some troubles.

I can't figure out how to design the fortress to do this. I am not great at designing forts, so this is to be expected. How should I design a horrifying dystopia where the workers eke out a living at the surface and the elite have the time of their lives?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to make one of the wiki's challenges...
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 07:31:32 am »

Well, first make a burrow on the surface where all the laborer are going to be assigned.

Then dig down to the first cavern, and there you'll have your elite quarter: build individual houses for your elite, out of expensive material and trying to respect your elite's wishes: if one of then like stars, steel and dogs, build a star-shaped houses with dogs chained at each corner..

Finally, build a Restaurant, with a shaft leading from your kitchen on the surface to the stockpile, and mass-dump expensive drinks and legendary dragon roast.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 07:50:51 am »

Well, first make a burrow on the surface where all the laborer are going to be assigned.

Then dig down to the first cavern, and there you'll have your elite quarter: build individual houses for your elite, out of expensive material and trying to respect your elite's wishes: if one of then like stars, steel and dogs, build a star-shaped houses with dogs chained at each corner..

Finally, build a Restaurant, with a shaft leading from your kitchen on the surface to the stockpile, and mass-dump expensive drinks and legendary dragon roast.

OK! Thanks.

Maybe I could make an lift that brings the food and such down.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 08:15:39 am »

No, you have to float it across a magma lake to the cavern they live in.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 08:22:38 am »

You could make a series of retracting bridges with a timer to get the stuff down slowly. I don't think you can make an up lift tough.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 08:25:44 am »

You could make a series of retracting bridges with a timer to get the stuff down slowly. I don't think you can make an up lift tough.

Build a room, directly above a booze stockpile. Place the room at the bottom of a pit to the surface. Flood beneath room with magma. Booze explodes, shockwave raises lift to surface.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 09:51:36 am »

I don't think bozze really explode at all, and I'm sure there is no shockwave.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 09:52:57 am »

I don't think bozze really explode at all, and I'm sure there is no shockwave.

It doesn't? But I'm not surprised at no shockwave. To the DF Suggestions Board!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 09:56:30 am »

Actually, there is an argument going on about whether booze explode or it just boil, creating cloud of burning booze steam.