Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: funniest thing ive seen on dwaf fortress  (Read 849 times)

sting2071232

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
funniest thing ive seen on dwaf fortress
« on: September 06, 2010, 02:17:10 am »

didnt notice what happened until my dwarves started bringing bronze spears and i just started my fortress and apparently all sorts of new items have popped up in my fortress and i saw a couple of dwarves bringing items from outside my fortress so i followed one to where he was going and found my first trade caravan of the year on top of a mountain with blue exclamation points on them (no idea what those are) and apparently my dwarves where stealing from them, i issued no such order of any kind,  so i let it be then in a couple of minutes i checked on them again they where dead no idea what killed them very few dangerous creatures out there cept maybe a groundhog or a mountain goat, so its just the funniest damn thing ive seen so far, just that my dwarves just randomly stealing from the caravan.

twwolfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ponies for their cuteness
    • View Profile
Re: funniest thing ive seen on dwaf fortress
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 02:22:06 am »

doubtless they couldn't get to your depot. As dwarves as a species have temperaments already balanced on the edge of a knife, this minor event likely sent this group of traders into a deep depression, refusing to eat or drink. Your dwarves, being the opportunistic bastards dwarves are, saw this as an opportunity to get free stuff, and so they robbed the poor merchants of everything but the clothes off their backs. not that the merchants are dead, they'll be taking those clothes too
There are dwarves that are nothing but useless sacrifices - Miners are not one of them.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 08:37:24 am »

doubtless they couldn't get to your depot. As dwarves as a species have temperaments already balanced on the edge of a knife, this minor event likely sent this group of traders into a deep depression, refusing to eat or drink. Your dwarves, being the opportunistic bastards dwarves are, saw this as an opportunity to get free stuff, and so they robbed the poor merchants of everything but the clothes off their backs. not that the merchants are dead, they'll be taking those clothes too

Dead traders=Many clothes.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 10:18:59 am »

Funniest thing I've ever seen in the game was in 40d.  I sent up my army of (unintentionally) cave adapted dwarves to fight a goblin siege.  The goblins kept vomiting from pain; the dwarves kept vomiting from sunlight. 

Urist McAxedwarf: Have at you, fiendish gobl-BLAARRRGH.
Goblin Spearman: Ow my arm-BLARRRRGH!
Urist McAxedwarf: Ewww-BLARARRGH!
Urist McSpeardwarf: Poke poke-BLARRRRGH!
Goblin Swordsman: Ouch my stomac-BLARRRRGH!
Urist McWeakstomach: I don't feel so goo-BLARRRRGH!
Goblin Axeman: Oh gross BLARRRRGH!
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0