Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 33d Phantom Baby  (Read 1466 times)

Hypcso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
33d Phantom Baby
« on: December 03, 2007, 08:39:00 am »

Hello, I recently ordered a Leatherworker with a baby into my spike pit to test it out, predictably the baby died but the leatherworker lived with some major injuries. She was hauled to bed and rested there without incident until the start of the next year.

She then got out of bed still wounded and started seeking infant. She walked to where the baby died, stood there for a second and then her injuries healed and she went back to her job. Another month passes and she's making some leather shoes for me, in the middle of this she starts seeking infant again and runs down to the barracks, nowhere near where her baby died. She reaches the top of the stairs, cancels it and walks back to her job.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: 33d Phantom Baby
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 12:14:00 pm »

Bug, or clever programming?

The world may never know!

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 12:46:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Hypcso:
<STRONG>Hello, I recently ordered a Leatherworker with a baby into my spike pit to test it out, predictably the baby died but the leatherworker lived with some major injuries. She was hauled to bed and rested there without incident until the start of the next year.

She then got out of bed still wounded and started seeking infant. She walked to where the baby died, stood there for a second and then her injuries healed and she went back to her job. Another month passes and she's making some leather shoes for me, in the middle of this she starts seeking infant again and runs down to the barracks, nowhere near where her baby died. She reaches the top of the stairs, cancels it and walks back to her job.</STRONG>

Your fortress is haunted by a baby ghost!

Actually that'd be interesting, if in addition to skeletons and zombies there were also ghosts, particularly ghosts of historical figures, old adventurers, legendary dwarves, and those who died under particularly tragic circumstances (such as the above).

This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Tyrving

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Poster/Dabbling Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 12:33:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Alfador:
<STRONG>

Your fortress is haunted by a baby ghost!

Actually that'd be interesting, if in addition to skeletons and zombies there were also ghosts, particularly ghosts of historical figures, old adventurers, legendary dwarves, and those who died under particularly tragic circumstances (such as the above).</STRONG>

That would be cool, especially if in adventurer mode, you could talk to some of said ghosts, and maybe get a quest to avenge their death? It would make losing even MORE fun!

dreiche2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 11:00:00 am »

quote:
 GHOSTS ARC: When you take an adventurer back to a fortress, it could afford to be a lot more interesting. Since it keeps track of all the dwarves that ever lived or died in each outpost, it might as well utilize them. When the civs fight in world gen, it could also create ruins from earlier times, and you could go to these places (old castles, temples, etc.). Related to Bloat21 and PowerGoal11.

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/dev_v1.html

:)

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 01:33:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by dreiche2:
<STRONG>
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/dev_v1.html

:)</STRONG>

O_O He's thought of EVERYTHING. Slave to Armok, God of Blood? No thanks, I'd prefer to be slave to Toady, God of Programming.

This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.