Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can't find magma powered workshops  (Read 474 times)

Daemonfaa

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Can't find magma powered workshops
« on: September 04, 2010, 09:56:04 am »

I have access to magma, anvils and firesafe materials, but I don't get an option to build any magma powered workshops.

There is no magma in my actual embark as I'm experimenting with the dfliquid hack. Could that be the problem? That if there is no magma in your embark you get no magma powered shops?

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
Re: Can't find magma powered workshops
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 10:03:09 am »

Stop Cheating

dfliquid Doesn't Send the Message to the Game that you Discovered Magma , and thus you Can't Do a Cranny Shit about Magma unless the Message gets to the Game

In Short , it Doesn't Care if you have Magma in your Hands , you Need to Breach the Magma Pipe\River\Volcano in the First Place to get Access to Magma Stuff

Daemonfaa

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 10:11:02 am »

Ahhh, so if I dig too greedily and too deep till I reach the magma sea then I'll have access to it?

Makes sense.

Aravin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 10:54:12 am »

Ahhh, so if I dig too greedily and too deep till I reach the magma sea then I'll have access to it?

Makes sense.

That's right. Maybe... i've found my magma sea at -50z level. Got a hint for you - while you will be breaching layers of mud and stone, you will discover caverns. If you value your fortress's safeness, try to wall off the way down - dont leave any entrance to/from caverns to your fortress. I follow this rule, and it saved a lot of dwarf lives of mine)

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 06:29:52 am »

Hidden Fork Store?

i get it , or do you Mean Those Holes that Got Dug by those Giant-Ants-Has-Short-Eyesight Thing?