Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Changing Resolution 0.31.12  (Read 1218 times)

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
Changing Resolution 0.31.12
« on: September 02, 2010, 12:01:28 am »

So, I've fired up the .init. I've played with the grid size, but whatever I do, it just increases the window size and does absolutely NOTHING about the size of the actual grid. Am I doing something wrong here? Is there some fix here? I'm really sick of the grid size I'm running at.

Running Windows XP SP3 (on a MacBook Pro), DF version 0.31.12.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

DanJhonson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Resolution 0.31.12
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 12:37:15 am »

I think all you have to do is use the scroll wheel, you scroll down to increase the grid size and up to decrease it.

Saber Cherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 12:57:14 am »

So, I've fired up the .init. I've played with the grid size, but whatever I do, it just increases the window size and does absolutely NOTHING about the size of the actual grid. Am I doing something wrong here? Is there some fix here? I'm really sick of the grid size I'm running at.

Running Windows XP SP3 (on a MacBook Pro), DF version 0.31.12.

That confused me too.  Assuming you are using the graphical version, ignore the init file and just drag a corner of the window.  The game will automatically adjust to the window size (not by zooming, but by changing the number of tiles).  Quite convenient!

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 01:05:24 am »

Yeah I screwed around with this quite a bit when I got started until I noticed that all you have to do is zoom in/out and resize the window, most of the interface will resize with it.  The trade interface won't, which sucks because many of the item names are too long to display, but the map will and that's 98% of the game.  I understand a big next step is to make the whole game TrueType or OpenType font aware, which will make resizing and scaling of characters a whole lot nicer.

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 02:14:12 pm »

SirBayerm, in the init file, it sounds like you need to change the BLACK_SPACE:YES to BLACK_SPACE:NO.
learn to give consolations to frustrated people
What is this, a therapy session? We don't need to console someone because they're upset about a fucking video game. Grow a beard, son, and take off those elf ears!

vassock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 04:36:44 pm »

Did you already start playing or did you just generate a map and end there? It confused me a bit when I saw that the generated map view and embark view were not full screen. Then I embarked and the actual game was full screen.