Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: military squads problems  (Read 354 times)

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
military squads problems
« on: September 03, 2010, 06:23:21 pm »

I am having some trouble with assigning dwarves to military squads because for example the dwarves that get assigned to squad 1, still show up on the list of available dwarves when i am trying to form squad 2, and after like the 4th or 5th squad it starts to get very very confusing.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get dwarves that are already assigned to a squad to not show up under the "assign a dwarf to a squad list" when creating a new squad?

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: military squads problems
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 06:53:09 pm »

There's actually a little note that appears next to the name in the upper-right area of the screen which tells you if said dwarf is assigned to a military unit.  Unfortunately, you can't find this information out until you have that dwarf selected.
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 06:54:31 pm »

the note would be under the military assign to a squad menu right?

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 07:22:05 pm »

Yeah, right above (and slightly to the left) of where it says "Candidates".
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

brucemo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 01:29:55 am »

I use DwarfTherapist.  All dwarves I consider to be military fodder are siege engineers, and all dwarves that are actually in the military are alchemists.  So I can make simple scripts that show me lists of either, both, or neither.

The military interface is amazingly designed software.