Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How to safely "process" dangerous caged beasts + question about caged goblins  (Read 1072 times)

Gearheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to safely "process" dangerous caged beasts + question about caged goblins
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 10:37:47 am »

Keep it in an arena, remove all of it's equipment with the dump trick, then send in your most powerful military members.

Skills go up stupid fast when fighting semi-megabeasts.

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to safely "process" dangerous caged beasts + question about caged goblins
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2010, 01:27:49 pm »

if I put it into pit then isn't there a risk that it will destroy doors which are on the bottom of the pit ?
Can't I set it into fire somehow ? (I don't have magma)
Well, don't leave there any doors. Use raising bridge instead - they aren't destroyable. Or just patch it with constructed wall

Raising bridges are destroyable. I've had plenty of tantruming dwarves destroy raised bridges. So I've always presumed that other building destroyers can break them as well, since dwarves break them.
learn to give consolations to frustrated people
What is this, a therapy session? We don't need to console someone because they're upset about a fucking video game. Grow a beard, son, and take off those elf ears!

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2010, 04:21:40 pm »

The reason a bridge with a moat is indestructible, including to flyers, is because if it has water in front of it the pathing just says inaccessible. DF can't handle different types of moving around very well so a lot of things just check if a dwarf could get there.

Presumably flying things would still try to destroy the bridge if the moat didn't have water in it but they might have to get right near it first.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.
Pages: 1 [2]