Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Group Patchwork Images  (Read 656 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Group Patchwork Images
« on: September 02, 2010, 06:17:03 am »

I've got an idea based on an old high school art project assignment.  One person is in charge of each round and chooses a square image, cutting it up into lots of smaller pieces.  Each person taking part recieves one piece of the image, and no one except the round leader sees the original until the whole thing is done.  The task is to recreate your piece (or pieces) in whatever style you want - cartoon, line drawing, painting, pixel art, color or black and white, whatever you like - but at a larger scale.  When finished, the new images (digitized in some way) are sent to the leader, who puts them all together and presents the final result alongside the original.

I will lead the first round.  I suggest a time limit of three days to start with once the round begins, and anyone who doesn't make the deadline will have their work replaced by the original image so that things can keep going without long delays.  Remember, the style is completely up to you, but it must be a square image of the correct size (to be determined later), and the most important thing is the edges (if they don't line up with the others at all, the image will be unrecognizable).

So who's interested?  I'll pick an image and cut it apart in preparation for the first round...

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Group Patchwork Images
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 08:01:04 am »

I'd join in.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG