Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Urist cencels Clean Self: Area Inaccessible. Why?  (Read 700 times)

OrionKale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Urist cencels Clean Self: Area Inaccessible. Why?
« on: September 03, 2010, 08:37:24 pm »

I'm a pretty avid player of DF, but on thing's been bothering me.

Wells/Hospital has been set up for about 6 game years, Fortress is up to 130 Dwarves, military is mostly full of legends.

I've been getting constant spams of 'Urist Bloodypants cancels Clean Self: Area Inaccessible.' My well and soap stockpiles are in my hospital, and most of my military is a bloody mess, which is irritating.

Help ? D:

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Urist cencels Clean Self: Area Inaccessible. Why?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 08:41:23 pm »

Itīs a bug with usage of soap...
if you have soap stockpiles as separate stockpiles in your hospital, forbid the soap in them...
normally they should start cleaning themselves (with water) again, if they donīt have any access to unforbidden soap

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 08:41:33 pm »

Forbid all soap that is not stored in your hospital.  The message spam will stop, and the soap in your hospital will still be usable.  They'll clean themselves at the well without needing to use soap.

Note:  soap stored in your hospital means soap stored within chests/coffers/boxes built in your hospital zone, not a soap bar stockpile located in the hospital.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

brucemo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 09:31:01 pm »

Z-stocks, page-down twice, down-arrow once, find the soap bars in the list and hit "f" to forbid them.  Problem worked around until you have a need for the soap.

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 11:41:03 pm »

Forbid all soap that is not stored in your hospital.  The message spam will stop, and the soap in your hospital will still be usable.  They'll clean themselves at the well without needing to use soap.

Note:  soap stored in your hospital means soap stored within chests/coffers/boxes built in your hospital zone, not a soap bar stockpile located in the hospital.

Now THAT is the information I've been looking for!  Thanks.
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."