Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Toggling ingredients cancels cooking job  (Read 637 times)

Quiltfun

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Toggling ingredients cancels cooking job
« on: December 02, 2007, 10:11:00 am »

Turning off permissions to cook or brew ingredients cancels the job without an announcement.  I had prepare meals on repeat and turned off cooking wine.  A while later I noticed I was running out of prepared meals and found there were no tasks queued in the kitchen.  I checked and the same thing happens with the still.  It only seems to happen when a dwarf is using the ingredient when it's forbidden.

Nesoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Toggling ingredients cancels cooking job
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 06:14:00 pm »

I know that this used to generate a message before (generally when I realize the cooks are using all of a new type of alcohol instead of the meat I want them to be cooking... which gives me an idea for a suggestion). I think it was "Soandso cancels prepare lavish meal: job item lost or destroyed" Are you sure you just didn't miss it in a flurry of messages or something?
000508 □ [dwarf mode][flows] flooding over a full pond will kill the fish inside

Klokjammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 06:44:00 pm »

I can confirm that it produces no message in version 33d.
Code: [Select]
g  <-  This is a goat
g  <-  This is a goblin mason
g  <-  This is a gremlin covered in white paint

Does everyone understand the difference now?

Nesoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 07:00:00 pm »

I take back what I said; it doesn't do it in 33b either.

I have seen that message before though, I'll have to watch more closely next time to see what's triggering it.

Edit:
Ahh, I think I found out my problem, assuming it still happens. I found this post while looking for something else, and if that still happens, it would perfectly explain why I get a lost item when there's a new drink that I turn off. The cook coincidentally grabs one of the new drinks, which was then drunk, and I turn off that drink around the same time that the cook realizes he's "missing" an ingredient.

Also, I think the reason I didn't notice stealth cancellations from toggling ingredients is because I usually queue up 5 or 6 on repeat because I was seeing cancels. If one gets canceled, there's still a few jobs on the kitchen, so it just keeps going. I just have to remember to check on them on occasion and queue up new ones.

[ December 02, 2007: Message edited by: Nesoo ]

000508 □ [dwarf mode][flows] flooding over a full pond will kill the fish inside