Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves all too injured  (Read 895 times)

CarbonNitride

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarves all too injured
« on: September 01, 2010, 09:22:49 pm »

So, I recently downloaded 0.31.12 and removed stat rust via the method demonstrated on the wiki, genned a new world then when I attempted to start a new game I just keep getting messages about how my dwarves are all too injured to do anything while none of them have any injuries. Anyone have any ideas why?

Gnauga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves all too injured
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 10:01:46 pm »

Check their wound screen and see if they generated without any hands or something. You might have accidentally deleted something important while mucking about the raws.

CarbonNitride

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 10:05:22 pm »

hmm, in their wounds screen they don't seem to have hands, brb using backups

Gnauga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 10:08:43 pm »

I remember a similar situation with cats, where before mouths were designated to be used for holding, they would cancel picking up vermin they caught because they lacked the body parts to do so. So your cats would give you job cancel spam.

claer_runway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 10:21:46 pm »

dwarf fortress may be a god game, but the god power comes from actual programming.
"hahaha, i doom you to have no hands!"
You can't program common sense.

like Skies of Arcadia?:
http://www.youtube.com/user/clearrunway

CarbonNitride

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 10:35:29 pm »

Hmm, it seems that my raw editing has actually seemed to leave my dwarves as lizard people, has someone who's successfully managed to implement the removal of skill and stat decay tell me how to do it?

PS. I was following lord snows instructions from here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=61016.0

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 10:37:46 pm »

Hmm, it seems that my raw editing has actually seemed to leave my dwarves as lizard people, has someone who's successfully managed to implement the removal of skill and stat decay tell me how to do it?

PS. I was following lord snows instructions from here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=61016.0
I do believe you have duplicate raws now

CarbonNitride

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 10:42:17 pm »

Well, I have one file called "creature_standard" and another one in the same folder called "creature_standard (Clean)" would that be the issue?

EDIT: well renaming "creature_standard (Clean)" to "(Clean)creature_standard" seemed to fix it
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 12:07:58 am by CarbonNitride »