Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Murdered in cold blood!  (Read 2596 times)

kapusta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murdered in cold blood!
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 02:51:35 pm »

I have noticed that, even without a guard squad, sometimes my dorfs will just kill someone. Maybe a Urist McJacktheRipper thing going on here...

Yep, I had that happen as well. No fortress guard, no tantrums. I even checked to see if there was a grudge between the 2 dwarves, but nothing. One just came up to another and chopped his head off with an axe.

Now, pointless slaughter is generally fine with me, but it would still be good to know the reason.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 10:24:49 pm »

My military is cursed. Anyone who joins my military apparently becomes a bloodthirsty savage. I had a recruit go on a spree of fights, killing one dwarf and injuring another (who I killed trying to re-injure).

My captain of the guard (then a legendary axedwarf due to my pointy training room) also murdered someone while they were sleeping. For no reason. He was ecstatic, ran over, hacked the poor sod in the neck, got the axe stuck in his neck, twisted it, yanked it out, hacked off a leg, an arm, hacked him in his lower body, then chopped off his head. Then I think he went and grabbed a bite to eat.

So far I think I've had about 5-6 deaths just from my military murdering people.

Er... I think your military needs some training dummies. NOW.
Sounds to me like his military has found their own supply of handy training dummies already. :o
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

KojaK

• Bay Watcher
  • KojaK cancels job: interrupted by Dwarf Fortress
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010, 10:42:26 pm »

I'm just happy they were only killing the useless haulers, and not my batch of legendary armorers, masons, kitchen staff, or carpenters.
Quote from: Airpi
A normal ballista does damage by piercing with overlarge arrows, a dwarven ballista does damage by crushing with entire trees.

They will run, naked, into the caverns and roll around in whatever nearby filth is available.  Watch for gory explosions.

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2010, 10:45:04 pm »

Question:

Were the two original dwarfs involved with the original murders named:
Urist McDowney Jr.  or
Urist McHeche

just wonderin
"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2010, 04:30:38 am »

I had a countess that i was dumb enough to have mining.

Since nobles are always actively searching for things to throw a fit about, i lost about 4 miners and one marksdwarf to her.

Normally i drive him/her crazy shortly after they become a baron so i can kill them and be done with it, but i was going to do it differently that time.

Utterly traumatized by a lesser's pretentious dining arrangements my ass.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2010, 06:21:11 am »

Stop, magma time!

The ultimate solution for all.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2010, 10:50:28 pm »

Stop, magma time!

The ultimate solution for all.
Except for when it takes several minutes for the dorf to melt.
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

KojaK

• Bay Watcher
  • KojaK cancels job: interrupted by Dwarf Fortress
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2010, 03:45:13 pm »

I just noticed...

All the people that were murdered or injured are listed as criminals, while the ones that did the murdering are not.

O_o

Perhaps this is not a coincidence? (It happened too long ago to check the finer details)
Quote from: Airpi
A normal ballista does damage by piercing with overlarge arrows, a dwarven ballista does damage by crushing with entire trees.

They will run, naked, into the caverns and roll around in whatever nearby filth is available.  Watch for gory explosions.

SkyRender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Sky Render's Domain
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2010, 04:02:14 pm »

Congratulations, you have your very own Dwarven Batman Squad.  See, if a fort has no prisons, pretty much everyone gets their sentence changed to "brutal beating by a random military figure or the sheriff".  If you have a fort full of "criminals", no jails, and a very strong law enforcement division, you'll find that seemingly random (but not actually random) Dwarves are getting hacked to bits at unexpected moments by your fort's overzealous protectors.
Sanity is for the weak.

Tyrius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2010, 04:27:02 pm »

Hmm... congratulations. You have just created the Dwarven Megacity One Justice Department.

One must be named Urist McDredd immediately.
because that's not the dwarven way. Could you make more statues of Urist instead of an impossibly large one chiseled out of the mountain? Sure, you could. If you want to be called a ninny elf by all your friends.
Pages: 1 [2]