Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stop it you dipshits.  (Read 921 times)

Abaddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stop it you dipshits.
« on: September 01, 2010, 05:31:07 am »

Stop naming your weapons and armor.

I don't care how much you like your axe.

I don't care that you're good with your shield.

Just stop.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

JUST AFTER I UPLOADED THIS IMAGE ANOTHER AXE GOT NAMED.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
Re: Stop it you dipshits.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 06:04:06 am »

If it's the game-stop that bothers you, that can be disabled in the announcements file. Whatever it's called, somewhere in the init folder.

If it's the constant I HAVE NAMED THIS THING THIS AND THAT that annoys you, well that can't be helped(except with magma). I do recall that they'll stop eventually. Never had anyone name a piece of gear even with all the dead semimega's and forgotten beasts.

Abaddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 06:08:38 am »

Hey, nothing wrong with iron!

The weapon with the longest name got the killshot on an FB, however all the weapons have 0-4 kills, either mountain gnomes or goats, as I don't think kobolds/goblins can get to my fortress.

Also I've been constantly training spear trap training for 4-5 years now, they've all got legendary fighter, axedwarf, armor user and shield user.

Vaftrudner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 06:09:12 am »

If they haven't killed a forgotten beast each, this should probably be reported as a bug. The exact mechanics aren't known according to the wiki, but it should take some pretty damn impressive kills.

Abaddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 06:17:46 am »

If they haven't killed a forgotten beast each, this should probably be reported as a bug. The exact mechanics aren't known according to the wiki, but it should take some pretty damn impressive kills.

I guess how many combat sphere legendaries they have counts too.  I miscounted, they all have 5 legendary combat sphere skills each.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 06:24:53 am »

There is actualy quite a lot wrong with iron, since .31 its weaker then bronze. Allmost as weak as copper actualy, its why the gobbos are such pansies.

That aside the only annoyance I have with the weapon naming is a legendary getting attached to his crappy +bronze shortsword+ and -bronze shield- wont have anything to do with the masterfull steel my smithies churn out.

Otherwise I kinda like the weapon naming, along with the kill history on them. It adds some flavour to non-artifact items.

As for what seems to make it more likely to occur: sparring. It seems the dwarf has to wave his weapon/shield around a lot before getting attached to it. Then once he kills some FB with it hes all 'thou shalt henceforth be called Trenchzeals!' or something. Chances are the speartrap training ommits the process of dwarves liking their weapons.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Abaddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 06:28:38 am »

There is actualy quite a lot wrong with iron, since .31 its weaker then bronze. Allmost as weak as copper actualy, its why the gobbos are such pansies.

I'm not worried.  They're only killing humans and unarmored things that crawl out of my caverns, when I hit the blue stuff I'll cycle these guys out into civilian work and train up a new lot.

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 07:04:35 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It actually almost hit 4 pages before i got bored and pierced HFS.

99% of it was just from training in the spear trap room
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]