Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Divine Craftsmanship (Day 3, World 1, Cycle 1) Updated whenever  (Read 8103 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lol, your Old Man...
Father, Dad, Old Man, (Firstname here), Old Codger, Pa...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

World Difficulty: 8
You peer out of the window and see a large city stretching to the horizon with buildings both tall and short. This civilization seems to be in the middle of the Industrial Revolution, and in the distance is a clock tower, partly obscured by the blag smog from the factories. The streets are bustling with beople, but they all seem to be wearing shades of grey.

Group Inventory:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Evergod41

Humaan

Sneevil

ExKirby

maxicaxi

RandomNumberGenerator

Armok

Dangit. Well since I can't craft anything because the traders and peasants claimed all the resources, I guess I will Search for scrap metal, stone, or similar, even at my -30% penalty.
Attempt: 66-22=44
You bumble around the city looking for materials. You seem to be paying attention to all the wrong things though, and in the end your search proves fruitless.

hmmm industrial revolution eh?

Forge an Iron bar into a Steam Boiler

Attempt: 77
Quality: 33
Base Influence: 33+32=65
You hammer some steel from your stash flat, then shape it into a boiler. You are rather inexperienced however, and the end result is leaky and dented.
- 1 steel bar
+ Dented boiler !Base Influence 65!
You gain 54xp (Engineering)!
You gain 130 crafting influence!

Anyway, I take the apple and crystallize it into the gemlike magical Heart of Knowledge.
I'm going to assume maxicaxi is letting you do this. Note that from now on if you want to use anything from somebody else's inventory, ask them to give it to you. You can only access the group inventory and your own freely.
Attempt: 9+2=11
You snatch an apple and begin your experiments upon it. In your attempt to make it into a Heart of Knowledge, you pour thousands of years of experience upon the apple, hoping it will absorb the knowledge, but it wrinkles and rots instead.
- 1 apple
+ 1 rotten apple
You gain 11xp (Time Manipulation)!

"Sorry!" I yell, before I jump out and try to get some materials.
Attempt: 76-8=68
Quality: 72
You walk out of the ship to gather some materials. Walking into a carpentry shop and a steel mill, you manage to steal some stuff while nobody was looking. You then come back, laden with goods.
+ 10 steel bars
+ 3 coils of steel rope (10m long, 2cm thick)
+ 2 wooden stools
+ 2 pots of wood glue (approx 1 litre each)
You gain 29xp (Gathering)!

Gather! GATHER ALL THAT I CAN SEE AND GET AWAY TAKING!
Attempt: 61+6=67
Quality: 65
You walk around the city, go into a nearby store. As it happens, this one sells stationery, and you take whatever you find.
+ 5 notebooks (50 sheets of paper each)
+ 6 fountain pens
+ 1 cash register
You gain 58xp (Gathering)!

Gather! STEEL!
Attempt: 28
You walk around the city on the lookout for anything likely, but you get distracted by the sights and you only barely manage to make it back.
You gain 76xp (Gathering)!

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile

Grab a barrel from the group inventory and work on making a one-man submarine.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile

Head back and form a infinite ink pen, using the pens I have.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile

THE SEARCH FOR STEEL IT CONTINUES!!!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 11:25:08 am by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile

You shuld post group inventory after each turn as well, so we can easier keep track of exactly what gatheres have put there ans such. Also, some initiative for gatheres to chare materials would be nice.

Anyway, a "bad apple" has another sybolic meaning... I distil and Essence of Corruption from it.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

You shuld post group inventory after each turn as well, so we can easier keep track of exactly what gatheres have put there ans such. Also, some initiative for gatheres to chare materials would be nice.

Anyway, a "bad apple" has another sybolic meaning... I distil and Essence of Corruption from it.
I do post group inventory.

And passing stuff between each other is a free action. You just ask them and they say yes/no. Or you can just say that you dump everything in group inv during your turn, or something.

Sneevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

grab one barrel  and trade it  for some glass

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Use another peice of iron to forge a vehicle that can hold the boiler, and be propelled by steam.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

Just missing ExKirby now.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]