Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Forgotten Beast Ichor  (Read 1448 times)

Darkcrystal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Forgotten Beast Ichor
« on: August 30, 2010, 11:58:40 am »

My fortress is going well and I have slain about 5 or so forgotten beast in it. Now some of my dwarf children are running around complaining about being numb and dizzy and there's a lot of forgotten beast ichor spread around on the floors here and there. I'm wondering if there is anyway to deal with it other then just closing the ichor off with wall and hope the dwarfs don't step on them?

Also it feels like the ichor keep moving around here and there because when I deal with on part of the fortress with ichor problems there's another pile of it somewhere else.

Gnauga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Beast Ichor
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 12:11:05 pm »

The dwarves will walk all over it, catching Forgotten-Beast-Itis and spreading the ichor everywhere. It may also cause your dwarves to start bleeding themselves. Smear mechanics are iffy. If you have a drop of blood on a brook tile, every water unit that comes from the brook has blood in it. The entire river turns red. You can download dfhack and use the dfcleanmap utility to clear out all the ichor and blood on your map. Unfortunately, the ichor smeared on your dwarves and pets won't be cleared off by this utility, so those may continue to perpetuate the disease.

Darkcrystal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 12:17:03 pm »

Hmm yea I notice they walk all over it so I tried designating those areas as restricted traffic areas and hope they avoid it more. I'll try the dfhack utility to see if it'll help any to clean this place up.

Still do infected dwarf create more ichor as they bleed or something?

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 01:20:39 pm »

No, they only need to have it on their feet and it will smear and pool around everywhere.