Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I have no eyes but can i see?  (Read 1017 times)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
I have no eyes but can i see?
« on: August 28, 2010, 08:36:38 am »

By the sheer machinations of sorcery, i managed to fall into some open space with one of my followers, and couldnt get out. After about 10 minutes i decided to attack my fellow. One thing led to another, and now hes dead, but i have no eyes. I can get out of here i believe, but will i be unable to see? How will this affect my abilities? Or has it already...
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: I have no eyes but can i see?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 08:38:08 am »

Uh, yeah, you're pretty much blind now.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 08:38:29 am »

You should see only 1 tile near you without eyes. Consider it as your other senses, like hearing and pselaphesis.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 08:57:46 am »

Meh - Theyre only eyes, i didnt need them... *Just waits for a wolf to come along and rip my throat out*
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 08:59:59 am »

Quick travel should make it easy.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Overspeculated

• Bay Watcher
  • euklid on pth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 11:38:01 am »

One thing led to another, and now hes dead, but i have no eyes. I can get out of here
The number of times I attacked my followers because I thought I was dead for sure, only to discover afterwards I can escape and then to somehow die due to the wounds they inflicted on me. This one time I was lost deep underground and couldn't find any creatures anywhere and was starving so I decided to kill my two followers and butcher their corpses. Imagine my frustration when I found out I couldn't eat them and then upon seeing a pond grabber in the nearby water jumping in only to drown due to the two mangled legs my followers had given me as a parting gift rendering me unable to swim.
There lies madness in the deep caverns, take care who you bring with you.