Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Broker refuses to acknowledge call to trade depot  (Read 1677 times)

TotalPigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Broker refuses to acknowledge call to trade depot
« on: December 02, 2007, 12:14:00 am »

The broker's standing there, with no job, in his room, one screen and a 5 second walk from the trade depot. The trade depot has merchants waiting, the criteria is down as trader requested at depot/only broker may trade and all of my goods have been hauled out ready to trade. He doesn't seem interested in acknowledging my request for some reason??? Using latest version (33d), save available if wanted.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Broker refuses to acknowledge call to trade depot
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 12:19:00 am »

couple of obvious questions:

1)He's not locked in his room, or otherwise blocked off from the depot, is he?
2)Has the job appeared in the jobs menu?

This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Teldin

• Bay Watcher
  • Canadian Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 12:22:00 am »

Turn your bookkeeper settings down lower, if you set it on high accuracy he really, really likes checking the books and never wants to go see the traders. This is assuming of course that your broker noble == your bookkeeper noble as well. Check "q" at the trader to see what your guy is actually doing.

TotalPigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 02:12:00 am »

The job is in the job menu, and the broker is mostly on no job. He's not locked in anywhere, he'll quite happily walk between his room and my meeting hall. On the plus side, I did figure out a temporary fix - if he gets close to the depot for any reason, you can trade, so if you catch him while he's dropping items off at the depot, you can trade.

Razordw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 11:16:00 am »

I had this happen last night, created an account in fact to report it if I could get it to repeat but I couldn't. Anyway my broker, who is also my expedition leader and manager just sat around with no job after the liaison meeting was done. The way I finally got him to go to the depot was reassigning the manager position.

For a play by play if you're interested, the first thing I did was remove masonry and tell him to stop what he was doing, at which point he decided to manage work orders. I then cleared all work orders and tried to stop him but in the end he canceled because he wanted a drink(or I drafted then he wanted a drink can't recall which anymore). He emptied the barrel and then decided to put it away, after which he went to meet with the liaison, which I did nothing to stop. After finishing he went to idle in his bedroom and I waited for a awhile trying a few things at the depot like changing who can trade temporarily to see if that would start him. After that I drafted him, stationed him next to the depot, then locked his bedroom door and deactivated him, all in hopes he would stay put at the depot and then realize he had work to do, since the depot was placed in a designated meeting area, but he chose instead to try and return to his room and stopped half way, guess he realized the door was locked at that point. After hunting the forums for any odd behavior about the broker, I decided to just try reassigning the manager position, at which point he finally went to the depot to trade.
My attempt at seeing if I could repeat it had him cancel for a drink off the manage work orders, managed to forgot to clear that before the traders arrived, he then went straight to trade at depot after he finished drinking. Main differences this time was he didn't empty the barrel and I didn't try to draft him to stop anything. Oh and if you're still reading sorry about the long winded post I never seem able to shorten these things and hence one reason I don't usually post much on boards.

Edit: Forgot to mention this was with 33d on a save from 33b.

[ December 02, 2007: Message edited by: Razordw ]

Teldin

• Bay Watcher
  • Canadian Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 11:42:00 am »

By the way, I've found a workaround: toggle off and on the "trader requested" at the trading depot. Your guy will immediately go over and do it if he's not doing something. This also works if you have it set to 'anyone can trade' and nobody feels like doing it.

axus

• Bay Watcher
  • Axe Murderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 12:20:00 pm »

Interesting, no problem with my broker-only guy of course.  I've had priority problems in the past with the broker, especially when they want to do bookkeeping.

TotalPigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 02:17:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Teldin:
<STRONG>By the way, I've found a workaround: toggle off and on the "trader requested" at the trading depot. Your guy will immediately go over and do it if he's not doing something. This also works if you have it set to 'anyone can trade' and nobody feels like doing it.</STRONG>

Pretty sure that didn't work for me when I tried it either.