Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cleaning cancellation spam (33d)  (Read 926 times)

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cleaning cancellation spam (33d)
« on: December 01, 2007, 10:27:00 pm »

My workers are constantly cancelling a cleaning job.

I have a moat in front of my fortress. Last winter 3 workers fell into the water and drowned when it thawed. The following winter I dug out the ice to retrieve their belongings. When I was done I locked the door so no one could go back into the moat. Now I'm getting non stop job cancellations for cleaning.

I'd like to add that I am using a modified race to play with; but I think the situation would have been the same if I were using dwarves.

I uploaded it if you want to have a look. http://rapidshare.com/files/73692509/dfcleanspam.rar.html

Lord Nightmare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning cancellation spam (33d)
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 12:13:00 am »

We need the modified raw files too, in addition to the save, if you're using a modded race.

LN

"When life gives you zombies... *CHA-CHIK!* ...you make zombie-ade!"

slMagnvox

• Bay Watcher
  • Attend Party
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaning cancellation spam (33d)
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 03:50:00 am »

I experienced something like this in vanilla DF 33c.  I had my miners kill a fire imp at the edge of a channel I'd dug for magma shops.  Its corpse fell back into the lava on the level below and a wall down there had a spattering of goo.  This caused cleaning cancellations for the next six months or so.

Just a matter of walls and floors generating cleaning jobs even though they are effectively outside of the fort or otherwise inaccessible.  Cleaning should check accessibility before generating the job, oughta solve the problem.