Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Creating stone?  (Read 393 times)

SpuneDagr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Creating stone?
« on: August 27, 2010, 09:05:03 am »

I've never modded this game before, other than installing graphics sets.

Is it possible to customize a workshop to create a particular kind of stone? My megaproject needs more marble.

rex mortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Creating stone?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 10:26:24 am »

Go to reaction_standard.txt, choose a reaction and replace everything after [REACTION:<whatever>] with the following code. Remember to edit the raws in df/data/saves/regionX/raw/objects, not just df/raw/objects if you want to use an existing save.

Code: [Select]
[NAME:create free marble]
[BUILDING:MASON:CUSTOM_SHIFT_M]
[PRODUCT:100:20:STONE:NONE:MARBLE:NONE]
[SKILL:MASONRY]

Do not touch [REACTION:<whatever>].

This should give you 20 free marble stones from nothing to play with every time your mason completes the reaction.
Because death is peaceful and magma is lovely.

SpuneDagr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 10:55:42 am »

Sweet, thanks!

How does this manifest in the game? Like, if I replace fish gutting with this, will I have to go to the fishery to make this work?

rex mortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 04:33:59 pm »

It should be available in mason's workshop, hotkey 'M'. I am not entirely sure if [BUILDING:MASON:CUSTOM_SHIFT_M] is correct though.
Because death is peaceful and magma is lovely.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 05:00:51 pm »

The mason's workshop does not accept reactions. Apart from custom workshops like the soaper's workshop, only the smelter, the kiln, the kitchen, and the tanner's shop (everyone always forgets about that one) can have reactions added. Just change the [BUILDING:MASON:CUSTOM_SHIFT_M] to [BUILDING:SMELTER:CUSTOM_SHIFT_M] or [BUILDING:KILN:CUSTOM_SHIFT_M] .
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu