Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Goblins -A threatened race?  (Read 2543 times)

Comrade_Fregge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goblins -A threatened race?
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 06:42:42 pm »

Goblins are not stupid,but thay are full of the leting every one do the best that thay can with out any laws.

The strange thing is that instead of crushing the goblin civ completely, they take it over. They JOIN the entity, and starts working for the demon who used to rule over the goblins. And when they join the goblin entity, they also adopt its goblin ethics; They even start babysnatching! I just noticed this. And when the slaves grow up, they zombiefied NEW members of the entity, with no skills, no profession and hope beaten out of their brain. Its a real sad story, when you look at the hard facts, and imagine how it affects the lives of hundreds of ASCII smileys dwarfs. At a second opinion, I dont think this should be changed.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 07:21:47 pm by Comrade_Fregge »

Glanzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2010, 04:50:33 am »

I think it's great and not sad at all. The goblins are giving their former prisoners the chance to integrate themself into goblin society and even take over leadership positions.

Comrade_Fregge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2010, 08:14:33 am »

I think it's great and not sad at all. The goblins are giving their former prisoners the chance to integrate themself into goblin society and even take over leadership positions.

Thats what threetoes stories say. But the grown up slaves in the real game becomes NOTHING. If you ask them about their profession, they say "I am a ." Or "Ive been a  for x years of my life.". I almost feel like recruiting one of them into my party, only to help him/her develop some skills.

Comrade_Fregge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2010, 03:42:03 am »

I just found a gob civ with both elves and goblins in it. This is the first time Ive actually seen the goblins co-existing with another race. The elves will probably kill the gobs in a few years though =(.

Deteramot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2010, 10:52:29 am »

I think the reason Goblin fortresses end up populated with so many elves and dwarfs is that elves, when they have decent armor and weapons, are actually pretty fierce warriors. Since Elves never die of old age, eventually you get to the point where there are many times more elves than there are Goblins, and the Goblin population drops more and more each generation, especially since (I think) there is nothing stopping the elves from having one or more children per year. So once a bunch of elves join the civilization, they have many children and eventually completely force Goblins out.

Or something like that. I'm pretty sure, from what I've read in the Legends Mode, that Goblin civilizations have a lot of infighting, because murder is acceptable in their culture, or something like that.
I'm currently making a nice room for my legendary clerk. I always treat my legendaries with the greatest respect, giving them the best rooms and so on. Although the walls are mostly engraved with pictures of my miner starving to death after he fell down a well, so it's not too cheerful.

Comrade_Fregge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2010, 12:42:30 pm »

But the goblins doesnt die of old age either. And when the elves are born in a goblin civ, they automatically join the EVIL entity, and adopt their culture. In other words; elves born in goblin captivity mentally become goblin. Theyll murder their comrades, snatch babies of their own race, and cannibalize, just as a goblin would do.

Asra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2010, 04:03:51 pm »

But the goblins doesnt die of old age either. And when the elves are born in a goblin civ, they automatically join the EVIL entity, and adopt their culture. In other words; elves born in goblin captivity mentally become goblin. Theyll murder their comrades, snatch babies of their own race, and cannibalize, just as a goblin would do.

Goblins don't cannibalize, I don't think.

Also in early 2010, goblins never reproduced past world generation. Not sure how that works now though.

Comrade_Fregge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2010, 05:37:27 pm »

Goblins don't cannibalize, I don't think.

Also in early 2010, goblins never reproduced past world generation. Not sure how that works now though.

Last time I checked the raws, they said that the goblins DO eat sentients(unless the goblin in particular happens to be an adventurer).
Pages: 1 [2]