Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to catch myself on fire?  (Read 861 times)

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to catch myself on fire?
« on: August 20, 2010, 01:25:47 pm »

sitting IN A FIRE does melt my fat off but how could i light MYSELF on fire? even with a leatehr loincloth dropped in some fire trying to make it ignite so I could throw it at elves or whatever, the leather loincloth just slowly degraded and didnt ignite.

How would I go about catching myself on fire?

In fact I tried to burn a tavern down by igniting the trees near it but so far all that happened was the wall became "warm" whoop de do.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 01:28:55 pm by Toybasher »

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: How to catch myself on fire?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 02:53:04 pm »

Yeah, the new material system made it harder for stuff to be set on fire, somehow. Walls cant burn at all by the way.

It shouldnt be impossible to set things on fire but it seems that adventurer mode burning trees dont do the trick anymore.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 08:02:54 am »

Really? That sucks.

necrodoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 08:11:16 am »

yep, you cant even melt ice. just tons of lag and "warm ice" walls.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 05:24:18 am »

Well, warm ice makes sense, since dry ice tends to keep itself maintained, heat wouldnt affect it... It should still react in some way though...
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 08:23:46 am »

This is from fort mode, but if you drop yourself onto a flaming grate while wearing or carrying cloth, that might work. It seems it takes a harder impact to get the contact between a non-flaming object and fire to be reliably recognized.