Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves with artifact in hand and item in the other try  (Read 864 times)

Arnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarves with artifact in hand and item in the other try
« on: December 01, 2007, 04:59:00 pm »

My only surviving, legendary dwarf keeps moving one back and forth toggling his job between "pickup equipment" and 'on break".  It looks sort of like the healing bug only he is not hurt.

He just stopped, probably came of his "break".

EDIT: He's still doing it, only now he's toggling between "no job" and "pickup equipment"

EDIT: I think I Figured out why he's doing it, his hands are full with a copper pick and an artifact and he wants to pick up a steel pick.

[ December 01, 2007: Message edited by: Arnos ]

nordo

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think so, Urist.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves with artifact in hand and item in the other try
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 11:24:00 am »

I have a similar weirdness in my fort just now.  A soldier with the task "Pickup Equipment" keeps walking to a "Steel battle axe" then walks away without the axe for a second before turning around to "pickup equipment" again.  The dwarf is set to fight unarmed and unarmored, so I don't know why she thinks she needs an axe for any reason at all.  For a while, several other dwarfs were monkeying around in the weapons stockpile endlessly moving items around, starting to leave, then coming back to the bin and moving stuff around again.  I made them stop by removing the stockpile and then recreating it, but this one soldier came back to endlessly walk to and from the axe.
Prepared monarch butterfly brain.

Lairian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 11:30:00 am »

Probably  an ex-woodcutter who thinks that using an axe is better than unarmed and is willing to default-fight with said axe, but is conflicted by your orders.

At least, ex-woodcutters are the only recruits I've seen doing the "want that axe" dance.

nordo

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think so, Urist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 02:57:00 pm »

Lol, "want the axe dance" I think your ex-woodcutter hypothesis is correct.

I ended it by setting the soldier to use axes, then setting her back to unarmed once she equipped the axe.

[ May 26, 2008: Message edited by: nordo ]

Prepared monarch butterfly brain.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 03:01:00 pm »

And maybe remove the woodcutter job as well, if setting to unarmed fighting doesn't do that automatically.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 03:04:00 pm »

Still doesn't figure out the OP's problem.
We're talking picks here not axes.
Try to remove his mining job until he drops the pick and then switch it on again.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 03:09:00 pm »

lol just figured the OP's date  :roll: