Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to aim a thrown object.  (Read 623 times)

farecoal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to aim a thrown object.
« on: August 26, 2010, 12:45:57 pm »

So, after hearing many, many stories of how lethal thrown objects can be, I wanted to try it myself. I tried throwing a sword at king, but it apparently just landed somewhere without doing anything. My question is: how do you throw something at a specific person? Do you have to engage them first?
Tis a Dwarven Curse to wish Water upon thy enemies, something like "May all yer Ale Barrels run dry and yer tongue always taste water."

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
Re: How to aim a thrown object.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 01:27:13 pm »

You have to be aiming at a hostile target, yeah. It won't necessarily hit, depending on your throwing skill and how close they are.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 01:39:20 pm »

Even with legendary throwing and archery, aim has a lot of error at greater range. But I wonder if it has to do with aerodynamics of the item. Thrown arrows hit most the time, and daggers, spears and pikes can be pretty lethal. But sharpened rocks, even masterpiece quality, thrown further than four spaces away are about 5lbs of worthless weight from your inventory.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 01:41:40 pm »

maybe checking the wind direction in adventure mode when checking the weather should help determine why your shots are going so far off. just make sure you're up wind of said enemy.

farecoal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 02:01:55 pm »

I think the problem is the hostile thing. Thanks for the advice though!
Tis a Dwarven Curse to wish Water upon thy enemies, something like "May all yer Ale Barrels run dry and yer tongue always taste water."