Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Siege Operator Won't Work  (Read 710 times)

Stubles

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Siege Operator Won't Work
« on: December 01, 2007, 03:25:00 pm »

I've got a Legendary Siege Operator/Competent Siege Engineer who won't work. He'll eat, drink, sleep, all that good stuff, but he won't do anything except mill around in one little area- an area that's not even a meeting zone. Does anyone have any idea what caused this, or at least some sort of fix? I've tried drafting and undrafting him, I destroyed the workshop he should have been working at... I'm baffled, and I'd really rather not lock him in his room and leave him to starve.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Siege Operator Won't Work
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 03:36:00 pm »

does he have the proper labor settings?
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Stubles

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 03:43:00 pm »

Yes. His labors are enabled, he's not wounded, everything should be good to go, he just won't do anything. It may have something to do with his attempts a few years ago to meet with the expedition leader, maybe? The last thing I remember him doing before his refusal to work was Attend Meeting.

Hypcso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 05:58:00 pm »

Yeah I have had a liaison hanging around my fortress since my first Mayor died trying to attend a nonexistant meeting. Same with a farmer.

Stubles

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 08:49:00 pm »

I think I figured out what it was. After two years, a hamlet liasion waiting for a meeting with my leader finally got it - I thought he'd just bugged out and was going to be there forever. What I assume happened was that the leader was constantly trying to Attend Meeting with the leader, and failing, so the Siege Operator couldn't Attend Meeting, just wait to be able to.

Unfortunately, by the time the meeting with the liasion concluded, I had already starved the Siege Operator to death. RIP.