Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Can I kill a Bronze Collossus?  (Read 3132 times)

Asmageddon

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: anime anime anime anime anime]
    • View Profile
Re: Can I kill a Bronze Collossus?
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2010, 07:09:44 am »

Well, others also seemed to notice my heroship and thus honoured me with a grand and proud nickname, now I will forever be remembered as Ebka Sagmoshene Jomsazulur Uhos, in english: Ebka Boardspice the Beloved Messiah of Odors.
THANKS FOLKS. I'm not gonna kill anymoar bc's/minotaurs/ettins/cyclops/giants for you.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
I don't need a signature.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2010, 07:57:04 am »

Well, others also seemed to notice my heroship and thus honoured me with a grand and proud nickname, now I will forever be remembered as Ebka Sagmoshene Jomsazulur Uhos, in english: Ebka Boardspice the Beloved Messiah of Odors.
THANKS FOLKS. I'm not gonna kill anymoar bc's/minotaurs/ettins/cyclops/giants for you.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
Either the game was trying to teach you some humility or it was simply messing with you and was actually disappointed that you didn't last long enough when it was just starting to have 'FUN'.

Considering what game we're playing...well...

On topic: Sometimes when strength isn't enough, what's necessary is some strategy. From basic stuff like using recruits to stall the target to leading them to high cliffs or magma rivers.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Asmageddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2010, 08:23:15 am »

But man, that was just a normal ettin. I used to kill bronze collosi, cyclops, minotaurs, hydras and mentioned ettins without them even touching me. What would I use strategy for when nothing could hit me, get past my shield and then through my armor?

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2010, 09:39:28 am »

Did you have a mail shirt and a breast plate, or just a breast plate? If you had a mail shirt and gauntlets you would've been fine and he would've grabbed the shirt. Or maybe not. I don't know.

Asmageddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2010, 10:07:00 am »

I had full set of bronze armor, two mail shirts and a breastplate, one of the mail shirts, breastplate, both boots, helmet and greaves were exceptional quality. I used a bronze shield and steel shortsword at the moment. As for my stats&skills, I already wrote about that. Shame he died. I was sure he's invincible :<

LizardKing

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXP:0]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2010, 10:46:46 am »

I was sure he's invincible :<

Invincible is not a word in DF vocabulary, there are only varying degrees of vulnerability.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2010, 09:48:35 pm »

But man, that was just a normal ettin. I used to kill bronze collosi, cyclops, minotaurs, hydras and mentioned ettins without them even touching me. What would I use strategy for when nothing could hit me, get past my shield and then through my armor?
Again, you seem to keep forgetting what game we're playing...

You could have truly legendary stats in wrestling,weapons,dodging,etc., have the best adamantine weaponry and armor, and have several high level kills to your name...but when that bleeding and puking Ettin actually grabs your pinky finger, it can give you one last F.U. before dying by throwing you at high velocity against a wall and turning you to paste and chunks.

...This is the game we're playing...

On Topic: Was fighting a BC back in the older versions when it was invincible...tried several things from leading griffons to it or burning it with forest fires (didn't work and I ended up evaporating my booze supply). Finally lead it to a waterfall w/ a few 'z' level drop but I got tackled & we both fell below and I ended up pretty hurt...then I noticed the river from a few steps away slowly freezing...

...I knew we we're screwed but what the hell, I kept it busy long enough until we both freezed in an instant. We ended up looking like 2 warriors stuck in an eternal struggle immortalized in ice (until summer melts us anyway). Guess that' one way to kill it..
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2010, 10:21:41 am »

Just be glad the worst thing you have to worry about these latest versions is the Bronze Colossus, rather than Carp.
!!&!!

Toast024

• Bay Watcher
  • Goes good with jam or butter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2010, 10:22:38 am »

Ettins are murderous bastards who have a tendency to get lucky. I got around 50 Bronze shields, and 4 meat shields, and pulled a captain America on an ettin's ass, only for another ettin to punch my skull in.
The learning curve of the df forums should be equal to that of df itself.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2010, 10:29:00 am »

...I knew we we're screwed but what the hell, I kept it busy long enough until we both freezed in an instant. We ended up looking like 2 warriors stuck in an eternal struggle immortalized in ice (until summer melts us anyway). Guess that' one way to kill it..

Protoceratops versus Oviraptor, much?
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

claer_runway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2010, 11:53:21 am »

in the arena pitted about twenty undead grand master axedwarves with addy axes against one colossus. they won, but just barely. they just broke off a bunch of chunks until death conditions were met.
You can't program common sense.

like Skies of Arcadia?:
http://www.youtube.com/user/clearrunway

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2010, 10:24:43 am »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:21:15 pm by Bronimin »

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2010, 06:26:59 pm »

I finally found the bastard; he turned up at the same location I was sent for a different colossus, about 3 days travel away. An iron dagger seemed to be my only effective weapon, and between the two of them, my skill ramped up to Legendary real fast.

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2010, 05:40:29 am »

oh and my adventurer killed 5 giants in a row (same cave, same general area), a minotaur and 70 other kills before going up against 2 packs of troglodytes, he killed them all, then suffocated after walking around a bit.

apparently they had removed his upper body, and he didnt die right away.

I had an adventurer kill 5 giants, except one of them had already broken my guy's spine.

Dead people always have 'upper body is gone' in the description, no matter how they died.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2010, 09:15:13 pm »

A bronze warhammer is a lot less effective. It took me all day and night pounding on the bastard, but by the time I was done I had superelven willpower and took hammer skill from 0 to over 9000!
Pages: 1 [2]