Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need help with my mayor  (Read 440 times)

rat_pack40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Need help with my mayor
« on: August 21, 2010, 12:49:29 pm »

or lack there of.
Does anyone here know the exact requirements for the expedition leader to get promoted?
I've been running a good fort with some interesting uses for my water reservoir, like an unfloodable well, a 4x40 waterwheel power station, a 5z waterfall, and all of it is automated. the population has been over 50 for a while, my fort value is over half a million, and I've managed to end a goblin ambush or three with a trapped entrance (gotta love serrated discs). My well is worth near up on half the value of my fort, with an artifact chain, artifact iron bucket, and artifact mechanism.
Is there a year requirement for a mayor, or anything past population?

rat_pack40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with my mayor
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 08:53:14 pm »

for anyone wondering how to fix the non-election of a mayor, even long after the 50 dorf mark, just replace the expedition leader and unpause the game. just make sure to have the required accommodations for your new mayor.

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 09:48:48 pm »

Population may need to be higher; honestly, the mayor seems to appear randomly once you hit some threshold of population/wealth.

Now, in regards to the baron/count/duke, I know how to get them 100% of the time, so if you have trouble with that just let me know.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 10:18:08 pm »

Make sure you're on the latest version.  There was a long-running bug where you would simply never have a mayor elected, but that was fixed a version or two back.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

rat_pack40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 10:56:51 pm »

I've been running 0.31.12 since it hit, and hadn't had a mayor until I decided to replace the expedition leader with someone with better social skills. That encompasses 8 forts over 110 dorfs.

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 06:49:12 am »

while we're on the subject of nobles and whatnot, if i make my baroness go crazy and kill herself do i get another one or is that gone for good?
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]