The Necromancers
- 2 (16.7%)
Ball Bullet Benders
- 1 (8.3%)
Bromeo Squadron
- 3 (25%)
Something else that is also a silly name
- 2 (16.7%)
None of the above (throw suggestions at me!!! quickly)
- 0 (0%)
Mission 15
- 4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]

Author Topic: Let's Play Ball Bullet Gun! Back (?!) After a Brief Hiatus  (Read 24437 times)

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Ball Bullet Gun! Back (?!) After a Brief Hiatus
« Reply #450 on: September 16, 2010, 03:45:40 pm »

Maverick and W. Barrel are where it is at.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 16, 2010, 03:58:11 pm »

Pretty much agreed. The SPAS 12 is pretty crazy, too. I'm sure the full sized starter shotguns are good in some situations, though.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 16, 2010, 05:32:11 pm »

I must be missing something, because the W. Barrel and the Maverick M88 look to be vastly superior. Firing the W twice and reloading takes as long as firing twice with any of the others, so you effectively never need to reload, and it is more accurate. You lose out on a shot per attack, but between the accuracy and the lower weight it seems a clear winner. With 1 AP you can attack and run with 2 more AP than any of the others. With 2AP you can deal 1 and a half times as much damage with better accuracy, and worry about reloading when you are under cover. With 6 AP you break even on damage, are still more accurate, and still have 1 less weight. With 9 AP worth of shooting you are admittedly skimping on the reload times, but you have made 15 attacks compared to 16 from anyone else, with a better accuracy spread. I suspect that the shotgun is a burst weapon, and if you want damage over time you should probably look for an automatic rifle or something.
 As for the Maverick, better range, better accuracy, best capacity, best shots, this must be some sort of upgrade that you don't start off with...

P.S.
 If it is a choice between 1 A rank attack or 2 b ranked attacks then I would advocate the Rambo. But if it is 10 A ranks versus 11 b ranks then I would go for the Kukri. As for butterflies, I really couldn't judge that without knowing how accuracy works...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 16, 2010, 06:19:58 pm »

Unfortunately, I pretty much agree 100% with what you said on the shotguns (it's unfortunate because the other ones are so cool, I want a reason to use them  :P), and you make a really good point with the difference between 10 A rank attacks and 11 B rank attacks, I hadn't considered that.

You get the maverick after beating the 7th mission, I think. A lot of the guns in this game get made obsolete by later unlocks. There's even a vulcan cannon you can get, it's pretty insane.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 16, 2010, 08:24:36 pm »

We are totally going to be called Mission 15 guys.  That name is totally Badass.

What is all of yalls breakdown on the sniper rifles?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 08:27:30 pm by zchris13 »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 16, 2010, 08:29:54 pm »

Assault Rifles:
The (presumably) 3 starting rifles all look the same aside from accuracy distribution.
I would skip the AK47, the loss of any B accuracy doesn't seem worthwhile for a single row of E accuracy.
M16 looks nice, but its effective range is kind of lame.
I would go for the FNC, it has the same maximum as the M16, unless there is also a range modifier... and the same maximum range as the AK47. Seems like the best of both worlds with fairly minor losses at close range...

Sniper Rifles:
The L96A loses a shot but that accuracy is just too good to pass up, but I doubt that you start with it.
I'd go with the remington myself, the capacity stinks, but you can still get some joy out of it and that range is just beautiful...

SMGs:
I would just go as far right as I could, possibly skipping the KG9, I like accuracy...

Pistols:
All 1 AP, all 1 shot. They are all light, although 4 weight is a lot for a backup weapon, I would probably go for the walther PPK/S or the Beretta M84 if the main weapon had a minimum range over 5 or thereabouts.
They all seem to be highly accurate but short ranged. As a rimary weapon I would stick with that formula and get plenty of accuracy with a large clip size while largely ignoring range, but I would probably just get a Kukri instead...

Speaking of which... give me a Kukri!!!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 09:18:47 pm by RAM »
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 16, 2010, 10:55:45 pm »

Here's a list of weapons, taking out of a cool guide written by some dude. Here's a link to it, it's good: http://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/571384-ball-bullet-gun-survival-game-simulation/faqs/34188

I think some of the pictures of weapons from the first post of this topic have probably expired. In the following thing, the dude who made the guide put little asterisks behind the names of the secret weapons that you have to find while playing the game. I'll go through and maybe write something about which ones you start with later on.

Anyway, I think that with regards to sniper rifles, the PSG-1 is probably the best, since it's so accurate, and because it only takes 1 AP to shoot. It's got a small ammo capacity, though, and it's heavier than the starter sniper rifles, so there's that to consider.

Spoiler: Knives (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Handguns (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: SMGs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shotguns (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 11:07:05 am by inaluct »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 17, 2010, 10:38:35 am »

It's not like you really are going to need to run around with a sniper rifle.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 17, 2010, 11:10:19 am »

I guess that got cut off, heh.

Spoiler: Assault Rifles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sniper Rifles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: LMGs (click to show/hide)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 17, 2010, 06:42:37 pm »

Hmmm, actually, if the Maverick M88 is available I will take it, otherwise I will stick to a Pineapple-soaked Kukri. Only one or the other, carrying two weapons is for losers...

If I see more than one I will throw a pineapple, which will burst, causing much embarrassment and shame. If there are no witnesses then I will run up and disembowel them with a kukri...
Read the First Post!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: September 17, 2010, 08:15:00 pm »

Sadly, 2 weapons are mandatory.

Damn, you know what would be awesome? A modded version of this game. Maybe make only taking 1 weapon an option, add some zombies, maybe riot shields and grenade launchers. Maybe I should try to learn how to do crazy computer things like that.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 17, 2010, 10:05:44 pm »

What, no, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Meh, sign me up for a W. Barrel shotgun and a Kukri then...

Good luck with learning to mod, sounds like fun...
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31]