Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Old Fogeys  (Read 943 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Old Fogeys
« on: February 05, 2008, 11:28:00 am »

Started a new adventurer, (by the way, thanks for the maps Toady.  Makes it much easier to move around) and before I've even left the first town I see this:

Sorry about the image quality, but I think you "get the picture".  Outliving your child due to sickness or violence seems fair to me, but this is a bit wacky...  

It's due to humans having the tag [MAXAGE:60:120] in their profile, thus allowing them to potentially have a lifespan that's twice as long as their child's.  I wonder how old this woman was when she got married, too.  She may end up dropping dead at my feet if I play this adventurer enough.

TotalPigeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Old Fogeys
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 12:29:00 pm »

Hmmm... throws up some questions as to how the program should decide how old people live to be. I imagine aspects of this will be dealt with during the life cycle arc, involving quality of life and health, and possibly something to do with inheriting characteristics so that long lived parents tend to have long lived children.

[ February 05, 2008: Message edited by: TotalPigeon ]

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 04:29:00 pm »

You'll have to check the legends later and find out when this mayor was born.  I'm curious.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

frostedfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 10:41:00 pm »

I had the same thing too.  my local guild rep in the nearby human town (who the hell decided those mountain halls needed to be that big?  only ever found 3 peasants and a guard IN THE CAPITAL) had a younger sister that married in 1058  :eek: and an oldest son that died in 1027.
the spinning bb round hits jack johnson, scumbag in the lower body!
it is pierced through entirely!
his right kidney has been poked out!
his liver has been mangled!

jack johnson, raider has been shot and killed.

The above (including bbcode) neatly weighs in at 255 characters. Fallout meets DF