Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Map Request: Tiny Island  (Read 3664 times)

Yuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Map Request: Tiny Island
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2010, 12:32:06 pm »

And right after i uploaded mine too.
Its for the best. You would have had to reclaim mine i think.
Here it is anyway
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2977
Thanks for the info Urist

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2010, 01:25:06 pm »

I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Boogeyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2010, 02:10:59 pm »

Yeah, it was used. I made a custom bitmap with the island being 1 bit, but still 99% of them were too large. I also tinkered with the elevation turbulence/noise stuff, but that didn't make any difference on the island sizes. I also tried to place the island further away from each other, but it didn't have any effect. It seemed the best way was to make a large number of 1 region tile isles and pray.

Yuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2010, 02:45:00 pm »

Pretty much what i did.
I made one pixel islands over half a map or so and just checked them over and over and over and over.
There has to be a better way
What about finding the post where somebody was making like 2x2 islands back during 40d? What would happen if we tried running that gen, or at least the entries that are still used and copy paste the new stuffs.
Forget it. 5x6 is small enough.

I think theres something wrong with my island though..... by the time i got though the aquifer i realized all my guys would starve if i didnt start up a farm soon. So i decided to dig for the cavern...... Im now down to z-108 and havent hit one yet... people are going to start dropping.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 03:11:35 pm by Yuck »

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2010, 05:30:23 pm »

the smallest world I can get out of the world generator is 17x17. Don't see how to get any smaller than that.

Boogeyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2010, 06:18:57 pm »

17x17 is the smallest world size. We were looking for small islands to embark upon, so that they would be eg. 4x4 on the local map.
Pages: 1 2 [3]