Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: strange embark warning  (Read 2567 times)

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
strange embark warning
« on: August 20, 2010, 02:26:41 am »

i start to choose my site and when i want to begin it says "are you sure you want to embark here? this is your only warning." any ideas what it means? i realy dont want to get in over my head yet.

Edit: using 31.10 i think
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 02:29:06 am by Nightscar982 »
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

murhapuro

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: strange embark warning
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 02:36:08 am »

Does it say anything else? About aquifiers, salt water or something like that? I think you should try it what ever it is. Its more fun that way.

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 02:40:10 am »

One of the settings in the d_init.txt file is "EMBARK_WARNING_ALWAYS:", if this set to yes you get a warning regardless of whether there is anything of special concern.

Which is handy if you think you might hit "e" by accident.

melomel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 05:43:24 am »

One of the settings in the d_init.txt file is "EMBARK_WARNING_ALWAYS:", if this set to yes you get a warning regardless of whether there is anything of special concern.

What Jafanz said.  If there's an aquifer and/or saltwater, it'll say.
I HAVE THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND CRAFT ITEMS. I WILL TRADE THEM ALL FOR CHEESE.
7+7

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 07:02:41 am »

Nearly as weird as the "The Embark Preparations could not be completed" Message I sometimes get after choosing an embark point
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 07:08:26 am »

What's weird about that?

It just indicates that the Civ you're representing doesn't have all the equipment/food/whatever that is explicitly specified in your Embark Profile.

Use the (p)roblems key to see what it's missing.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 07:13:28 am »

What's weird about that?

It just indicates that the Civ you're representing doesn't have all the equipment/food/whatever that is explicitly specified in your Embark Profile.

Use the (p)roblems key to see what it's missing.
the problem arises in that there is NOTHING missing. It's a message with no reason at all.
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

LizardKing

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXP:0]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 08:28:40 am »

^

It's just like having a message confirming if you really wish to quit or whatever.

nonobots

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 11:50:43 am »

There's an option in init_d [EMBARK_WARNING_ALWAYS:YES] if it's set to yes (like mine) you always get the warning, no matter what's present in the embark zone.

This is to ensure you do not embark by error.
Playing DF on a Mac.