Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lava channels blocked by lizardman chunks  (Read 1292 times)

DDouble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Lava channels blocked by lizardman chunks
« on: November 11, 2006, 08:58:00 pm »

I have a lava channel going toward the front of my base to protect the entry way. I closed my steel floodgate at the beginning of the channel (way back near the lava) for a while. When I turned it back on, I noticed the lava only went halfway. It was blocked by the "broken arrow" icons and I was able to rebuild the channel on those single sections. I noticed then that my dwarves were carrying away "lizardman chunks" and so forth. Apparently they had got inside the channel via the aqueduct over the river, then died somehow (no lava was present then) and "unbuilt" my channel on those single sections. I had to sacrifice a miner to get it restarted.

Also, my cage traps don't change color to show if they are loaded or not. This problem is solved when I save and reload, but then they don't update again during the game. Only a save/reload makes cage traps change color for me.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Lava channels blocked by lizardman chunks
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 01:10:00 am »

Weird -- maybe if it drops debris (even from a crossbow bolt?!), it can undig the channel?  That would be weird.  Maybe you can use a series of archery targets to unchannel then...
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

DDouble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 03:05:00 am »

Update on the cage traps: they seem to work ok now. I think I just have to do one save/reload after they are built for them to reset their colors properly from then on.

ctrlfrk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 09:25:00 pm »

I have also had the broken arrow symbol cutting off my channels, but I think it was because I placed the channel over a young towercap. When the lava hit it, it burned down, and replaced the tile with ashes.

DDouble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 12:18:00 am »

that could be true b/c the places where my channels were blocked were within flood distance of the river, and I know that they were muddy when my miners dug them.