Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How did he climb there?  (Read 1208 times)

nonobots

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did he climb there?
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2010, 02:41:59 pm »

I'm almost certain there was no combat. Unless reports get deleted?

I built the wall right through of a huge meeting zone, so there was always some traffic, oftentimes tens of idlers where in the way, dozens if you include the kids and animals. Construction got interrupted a couple times by people standing in the way. This could be related.

When path finding between two creatures cross, is there a chance one jumps up a level as in dodging?

Playing DF on a Mac.

Heavenfall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2010, 02:54:04 pm »

I wouldn't rule maceblows out. I don't seem to get wall-climbers when I don't use maces.
Upon him I will visit famine and a fire, until all around him desolation rings
and all the demons in the outer dark look on amazed and recognize
that vengeance is the business of a dwarf

Vulcanius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2010, 08:26:14 pm »

I had a similar situation to this one in a recently reclaimed fortress. Before abandoning I had built a roof over my entrance and removed all of the ramps. While designating some tree cutting after reclaiming I happened to go up a Z-level and noticed a single goblin sitting up there. He was peaceful of course due to whatever the reclaim bug is, so I just left him there.

mardukarn

• Bay Watcher
  • Urgescourges the Ungodly Fiend of Juices
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2010, 09:51:09 pm »

I recently abandoned a fortress because I had a troll on top of a wall. No ramps or any way up there. My soldiers, even archers, couldn't attack him and he couldn't attack them but the wall was near a major section of my fortress and there was constant spam of job cancels and dwarfs running scared from the troll.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2010, 10:07:34 pm »

I've seen both bridges and blunt weapons (and traps) knock people up z-levels, albiet they are normally short distances and usually go right over, but this is.... odd
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 [2]