Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2 questions about editing the game...  (Read 675 times)

coodudeman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
2 questions about editing the game...
« on: August 19, 2010, 08:10:12 pm »

First.. My game seems to be stuck in a never ending siege...  i downloaded runesmith, and made sure there were no hidden enemies on the map.. then i even deleted all the dead bodies for all the creatures...  is there any way to fix this?? My second question is that i have run the game for a long time and not gotten any new immigrants because of the siege status.. so i want to add dwarfs if possible... if not is there any way to bring dead dwarfs back?? Again i tried to use runesmith and set flags for my dead dwarfs to the same values as living dwarfs.. but they seem to all bleed to death instantly upon resume...  Thanks for any help you can offer a noob.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: 2 questions about editing the game...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 08:15:50 pm »

1. well your only option is to kill them other than that you need to give some better details.
2. they still have their wound tags on them so the moment you revive them heal them.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 08:18:38 pm »

if you're going to revive your dorfs, remove the tags of whatever killed them.
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

coodudeman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 08:19:56 pm »

as for question 1...  um.. i have killed all hostile units.. even those not involved in the siege...  then i used runescape to make sure i had not missed any.... but it seeems to be glitched...  i have tried everything i could think of to loose the siege flag.. but it stays active... 

also.. where do i find the tags for what ever killed them?.. i looked thru the flag section of the program and coppied a living dwarf exactly...  is there another place or program that i have missed?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 08:35:18 pm by coodudeman »

coodudeman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 08:45:15 pm »

darn.. i tried again to revive a dwarf... and made sure i did not miss a flag about what killed the dwarf...  it still did not work...  is there any way to just add dwarfs?  Reviving them seems to not work for me....  If i am missing something where is the info i am missing?

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 08:56:11 pm »

If you REALLY MUST REVIVE THE DORF, use runesmith to make all said dorf's stats 5000. You now have a superdorf. It should revive fine, unless the dorf in question is absolutely killed, with every bone broken or something.
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 11:48:08 pm »

Don't dead dwarves typically end up with upper bodies missing in their descriptions?  Sounds to me like that is some kind of thing Toady had to do to make death work with the new body system.  I imagine after you revive them they always go "Yay! I'm alive!  Oh wait I'm missing one of the vital body sections, looks like I'm dead"

While DC was able to revive dead dwarves in the past, from what I hear the new body system is still a bit of a mystery to memory editors, and runesmith currently can't restore missing body parts.  So once it's dead, and the game removes it's upper body for whatever reason it does, it's staying dead.

As for the siege thing you may be out of luck.  Sounds to me like something did something that would normally cause the game to turn off the siege flag, but didn't happen correctly.  It could have been something as simple as something dying improperly and not counting down some counter the game uses to keep track of when to turn the flag off, to something as convoluted and freak as a bit getting corrupted in memory.  I haven't heard of endless sieges myself though, at least not without a goblin or troll or something idling around someplace.  Did you delete any gobbos or anything while the siege was still active?  If so runesmith forcing the critter dead may have broken the siege flag somehow.

I hear sieges that last a really long time sometimes just get bored and leave.  You could always wait and pray that that happens in such a way that it resets the flag properly on it's own.  Or since siegers don't seem to be hindered by other siegers, (or at least other siegers from another civ) see if another goblin siege shows up.  If you manage to beat it the flag  might get properly reset when that one flees.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 01:38:30 am »

Another siege won't happen while a siege is active.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository