Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Post your real-life embark pictures!  (Read 5171 times)

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Post your real-life embark pictures!
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2010, 08:55:51 am »

Wow, all those places in Switzerland and Tyrol are amazing. A bit too much elevation for my taste, though  :)

This is where I grew up.

By the way, I love like all the American suburbs look exactly the same.  :P
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

Ratbert_CP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Enraged Primate
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2010, 09:21:48 am »

I grew up here.

I used to live here.

I live here.

Note that all have had epic issues with flooding or fire.
Ratbert #CP#Z
"For FUN and HONOR!"

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2010, 10:15:44 am »

My hometown.  Note the wonderful limestone layer for all your flux and ore needs.  ;D  Also running water not too far from there.  No interesting wildlife and the soil has clay in it.

Note:  I don't even live in the state anymore so good luck getting any useful info out of that.

I wonder how one finds local geological strata on the internets?

Edit: I found a start. Do it here.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 09:15:17 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2010, 11:25:44 am »

sadly, while I'm currently in an epic location, I usually live in a place with about 10zlevels of aquifer soil

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2010, 10:39:34 am »

Live in this area now.  Ocean biome so maybe a chance at mermaids.  Certainly a good variety of sea life like dolphins.  Also aquifer a few z-levels down.  Sand for your glass production.  Not sure what the stone layers are.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2010, 12:22:48 pm »

I live here. It's a great embark location. Mountains everywhere, nice big saltwater lake to the northwest. It's high above sea level, so no aquifers. And just as proof, check out the gigantic pit mine just to the west. That's a mile deep and 2 across. It's dry. It looks like dwarves already got here. Although an open pit mine seems like a human thing to do.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

Lawec

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Goblinslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2010, 01:10:59 pm »

Here's my embark location. Temperate, flat, low elevation with a forest biome and a small stream running through.
Foxes, hares and deer are abundant here.
In order to improve the universe's frame rate, we must all throw rocks into volcanoes and then do absolutely nothing, worldwide, for a week, to take pressure off pathfinding.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]