Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Releasing prisoners  (Read 2168 times)

Frogman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Releasing prisoners
« on: September 08, 2007, 06:53:00 pm »

I was looking at my Sheriff when I noticed her current job was "Unchain Animal". Since I don't have any chained animals, I was kind of confused by this. But then I saw her walking into jail and realized she was going to release a prisoner.

Um.

Slanted

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Releasing prisoners
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 04:09:00 am »

Dwarves are mammals.
It may be a technicality, but it still works.

The problem is when the Sheriff cancels the job and leaves a legendary Craftsdwarf to starve to death or go insane because he's too busy to stop partying.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 10:14:00 am »

if you use chains/ropes and unconstruct them it will free whoever they are holding. Normally the sheriff will just grab them and lock them back up, but if the sentence is over then its a way to free them without wating for the sleeping/partying sheriff. I've never used cages so I don't know if they work the same way.

Anyway, I always though it was a sort of a joke - the sheriff would consider lawbreakers nothing but animals, hence 'chain animal'. Really it probably just uses the same code as the animal chaining code and the text never got changed.

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Ari Rahikkala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 09:40:00 pm »

The dwarves are in fact even more materialistic than that: Burying a dwarf at a graveyard is considered a "Store item at stockpile" job  :). It's nothing to worry about, of course, just wires hanging out - the kind of thing that you'll see in an alpha.

Ookpik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 10:36:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Slanted:
<STRONG>Dwarves are mammals.</STRONG>

"Come on! They have one female servicing a large group of males. That implies a species that lays eggs."
"Oh my God, you're crazy! They're so obviously mammals!"
"Please! She'd be in estrus 24/7 if she didn't lay eggs."
"Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a f*$king beard! They're mammals!"

g+@@T@+

The intruder arose, casting off its black cloak.  "Behold, stunted jesters!  It is I, Scuro!"  A jagged scar marked the goblin's face from eye to chin, his greasy mane gray and wild, and about his neck was the broken silver amulet, strapped together by a leather band.