Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wierd job cancellation message...  (Read 851 times)

mattyb3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wierd job cancellation message...
« on: August 15, 2010, 10:59:10 pm »

Alunite' Lanlardodok, Furnace Operator cancels Forge steel mail shirt: Needs refined coal.
Diamonds' Egenastesh, Furnace Operator cancels Make steel bars: Needs 150 refined coal

Er, what? i'm really not sure whats causing this error, can anyone shed some light on it?
I supose if a dwarf is unhappy or hurt they might have a miscarriage. Perhaps we could experiment a bit.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wierd job cancellation message...
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 11:02:56 pm »

That just means you need fuel (I think). You don't need 150 fuel, that's just an error.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 07:35:16 am »

Most things are measured in units now. When produced a single bar will contain 150 units, a bolt of cloth will have 10000 units and a thread will have 15000 units.

EDIT: Forgot some 0s.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 07:38:47 am by Mini »

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 11:25:56 am »

Technically, the forging jobs should require "150 refined coal" as well, but due to a bug they only require 1/150th as many materials as they're supposed to. Since they get rounded up to the nearest multiple of 150 (i.e. they never actually use fractional bars), this causes all smithing jobs to require only a single bar, including furniture which is supposed to require 3 bars (and likely also adamantine which is supposed to require 3 times as much).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 11:28:06 am »

The reason for measuring things in units now is because a single 'item' of cloth can make an entire dress or other article of clothing, so using it to make a simple bandage shouldn't take up the entire thing. Similarly with thread, you don't need 70 yards of thread to suture the axe wound in Urist McRecruit's face.

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 11:32:41 am »

Yhea once toady gets to it he should make fractions work but till then this will have to do.
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.