Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Starting Projects...  (Read 861 times)

Metroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Starting Projects...
« on: August 19, 2010, 05:17:55 pm »

To all the pros out there, I have a question.
When you start a project, whether it be large or not, what do you do about supporting your starting dwarfs?
Do you just incorporate their initial home into the final product, or what?
Euler's identity can be used to quickly (and informally) verify DeMoivre's Theorem.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Starting Projects...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 05:19:42 pm »

I typically make resident home for the construction. Remove them when done. :)
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Metroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 05:29:34 pm »

Out of wood or something?
And what do you do about a farm?
Euler's identity can be used to quickly (and informally) verify DeMoivre's Theorem.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 05:32:32 pm »

Yeah. Basically chop down all trees, gather all plants then begin whatever construction I am planning on. Of course, i have a modded init.txt file.
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Metroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 05:34:31 pm »

And modded in what way...?

(And thanks a lot for the advice!)

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 06:36:27 pm »

You are welcome. And I have 20 pop cap, no children, no invasions, no econ and no artifacts.

Metroid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 07:03:32 pm »

No Artifacts? O_o