Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Whelp, not much left to do, kill Elves?  (Read 1660 times)

Thelogman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Whelp, not much left to do, kill Elves?
« on: August 16, 2010, 02:23:37 am »

I've got a five year fort here in a world where Goblins are Extinct. I've got 12 Million in created wealth, tons of artifacts, and pretty much everything else. Massive Steel and Cloth Production, nearly four thousand drinks and even more food, my Dwarves hunt Giant Eagles for fun and food, heck, I've even got milk and cheese production, and that's not even necessary. Plus, there is a room for every dwarf with engravings, statues, bed, table, chair, and some with windows.

But a lack of nobles, justice, economy, or pretty much anything else that comes from nobles (Dungeon Masters!) has made this fort pretty easy mode.

Legendary Fighters with full masterwork steel mean killing every FB and even dragons has been easy.

I'm trading single trap components for entire caravans, and I've got a few megaprojects, including a number of river diversions, underwater tunnels, a mist generator, and an auto-trainer for my military.

Anybody have any idea what I should do? I guess I could make some really big statue or something, or provoke a siege with the humans or elves, or as a last resort, breach hell.

But I killed the Elven Liaison and they still like trading with me, they just got a new one, and Hell lags my computer something fierce.

So, tl;dr, I need some stuff to do, looking for suggestions.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
Re: Whelp, not much left to do, kill Elves?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 02:38:46 am »

Strip-mine the entire area.
くコ:彡

Vizx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 02:45:27 am »

Start a new fort? Maybe in a very inhospitable area.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 09:21:17 am »

1. Devise a means of flooding the world with magma.
2. Devise a means of accessing your fortress in adventure mode afterwards.
3. Activate the Step 1 machine.
4. Release the HFS.
5. Get massacred.
6. Work an adventurer up to max stats.
7. Activate the Step 2 machine.
8. Repeat 5-8 until HFS is dead.
9. Brag about it on Bay12.
10. Make it into a short story or novel.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

snuflufagus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 09:57:14 am »

It sounds like your fortress needs a serious injection of fun.  In this case, let's define fun as an inquisition.  Whichever god your mayor worships will be the one true god.  Everyone who worships this god is "safe".  All the mayor's friends are also "safe", since we tend to make exceptions for the people we love.  Everyone else is a heretic.  Build a megaproject prison with isolation chambers.  For fun, only have heretics build it.  Leave a hole in the ceiling of each room so rat weed can be dumped in and a hole in the floor with access to plumbing.  For more fun, devise a torture chamber (wiki has a lot of ideas) and a way to transport prisoners there without further tainting your pure population and tolerated friends.  Make sure to keep your heretics in isolation (or better yet, locked up with their grudges) since meaningful relationships will only embolden them to continue resisting the truth.  Then sit back and watch the fun... and make sure to train a squad of true believers who don't have heretics as friends.

DaPatman

• Bay Watcher
  • GoL FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 04:24:15 pm »

It sounds like your fortress needs a serious injection of fun.  In this case, let's define fun as an inquisition.  Whichever god your mayor worships will be the one true god.  Everyone who worships this god is "safe".  All the mayor's friends are also "safe", since we tend to make exceptions for the people we love.  Everyone else is a heretic.  Build a megaproject prison with isolation chambers.  For fun, only have heretics build it.  Leave a hole in the ceiling of each room so rat weed can be dumped in and a hole in the floor with access to plumbing.  For more fun, devise a torture chamber (wiki has a lot of ideas) and a way to transport prisoners there without further tainting your pure population and tolerated friends.  Make sure to keep your heretics in isolation (or better yet, locked up with their grudges) since meaningful relationships will only embolden them to continue resisting the truth.  Then sit back and watch the fun... and make sure to train a squad of true believers who don't have heretics as friends.
I second this idea.
I don't want to set the world on fire
Oh wait, I do.

Urist McKing

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Spacemarine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 04:34:39 pm »

Kill the elf traders. Again aand again and again until they declare war. I would also suggest modding a few common creatures to be demons, like racons and mountain goats and the like. So that way you are under constant attack.
Yes! I would like the court to recognize the record as showing that I FUCKING CALLED IT!