Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Seed stockpile  (Read 681 times)

Seryntas

• Bay Watcher
  • has created a masterpiece!
    • View Profile
    • RPGWW Forums
Seed stockpile
« on: September 28, 2006, 10:42:00 pm »

Am I the only one who really hates it when the farmers in the fringey parts of your fortress have to travel all the way to your main central food stockpile to get seeds?  You should be able to create a seed stockpile that they can use instead, and actually have the seeds by your farms where they might help your farmers.
"Nectar and ambrosia are all the gods are allowed to eat in Greek mythology. In that way they're kind of like pandas. You know, in diet. From there the similarities break down." -my Greek Lit TA

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Seed stockpile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 10:57:00 pm »

Well, you already have an incentive to put your food stockpile near your farm to speed up the harvest, at least, so it's not that bad.  The fact that potash seems to go in the bars/blocks stockpile is worse.
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Seed stockpile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 12:14:00 pm »

How about a stockpile 2 squares from a farm that I had where the fullest it got was 3 plump helmets?  The dwarves kept hauling it all back to my kitchen stockpile! I was hoping they'd use the second one so that in the next year there would be seeds in that pile for a quicker planting.