Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Room designations...  (Read 828 times)

Dekon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Room designations...
« on: August 10, 2010, 03:11:36 pm »

Just checking to make sure I'm not misunderstanding something...

Are rooms set to particular dwarves -STILL- not being respected?  I honestly figured this would be a bug taken care of a long time ago.  I just started playing again a few days ago after a few month break with all the bugs in the older versions of DF2010..

So am I just doing something wrong now?  Why the hell are random dwarves -still- sleeping in my mayor's room?  This seems a lot more important than working on making villages pretty in adventure mode (what Toady is currently working on)

Freaking communist dwarves.

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
Re: Room designations...
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 03:19:18 pm »

Yeah, still an issue.
[DF 0.31.13]  ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝  [WotR 0.13.3]

War of the Ring is back baby!
A mod based on Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien.

Maw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 02:55:28 am »

Global Fund could triple ART coverage over five years: UN; Deadline nears for workers in Thailand; YCDC unveils market plans; No payouts expected for Thingangyun; Authorities ban light truck buses in downtown areas; Traders to host medical conference; MCDC opens new rubbish dump; Internet woes hamper tourism; Ngwe Saung Beach ready for 10th birthday; Htoo Foundation to pump K1 billion into Putao region; UN human rights envoy concludes Myanmar visit; Twins club seeks new members...BUSINESS & PROPERTY: New Thai biz council to spur bilateral trade; Farmers seek
===============

per Babblefish:

More magma required to fix room designations.
The three stages of information assimilation in bay 12:
1)horror
2)curiosity
3)weaponization

LizardKing

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXP:0]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 04:26:34 am »

I ended up putting a spare bed in there closer to the door. Not sure how well it worked. At least anyone sleeping in there is happy knowing they slept in an awesome room (and not unhappy at how much better it is than their little hovel).

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 10:16:10 am »

So wait, you are saying that dwarves sleeping in others beds is more important than say... marksdwarves using their crossbows as hammers and refusing to train?  or dwarves melting after going out in the rain?  or setting one stockpile to take from another causing non-stop hauling jobs yet nothing ever gets moved?  IMO, dwarves sleeping wherever they want is really a minor bug and is in no way game breaking like other bugs which toady is working on.
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 12:28:04 pm »

I think it happens more if the dwarf's bedroom is far away from their working area, so by the time they figure out they are tired, if they would fall asleep before they reached their own bed they go crash in the closest one instead. The biggest problem is when DF tells them a certain bed is closest when in fact it's further away than their own bed.

I've been making lots of little barracks, dorms, and stand-alone beds scattered everywhere but it only helps a little.
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

existent

• Bay Watcher
  • I Watch Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 01:35:37 pm »

I think it happens more if the dwarf's bedroom is far away from their working area, so by the time they figure out they are tired, if they would fall asleep before they reached their own bed they go crash in the closest one instead.

I've had a dwarf go berserk, murder one of his comrades in the guy's own room, and then promptly fall asleep in the dude's bed.

With his corpse still in it.
[DF 0.31.13]  ۝ War of the Ring Mod ۝  [WotR 0.13.3]

War of the Ring is back baby!
A mod based on Lord of the Rings, by JRR Tolkien.