Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Elf adventurers shouldn't need to be starving to butcher or eat sentient corpses  (Read 763 times)

Arkose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If there are going to be rules preventing the desacration of corpses in adventurer mode, they should reflect the entity ethics of their parent civilization.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile

Yeah,they should refuse to eat animal corpses though.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile

Actually, they're fine with eating animals. It's only plants and trees they care about.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile

They're quite fine with eating normal plants (or cultivating rope read for cloth), they don't like KILLING animals, but are just fine with eating ones that are dead.  They don't like cutting down/killing trees, but are just fine with using wood from trees that are already dead somehow.  (Of course, considering the absurd amounts of wood they use, there has to be something really wrong with their forests...)

And of course, they're cannibals if they kill any sentient.

Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've never seen any unit consume the corpse or parts of another unit?  does this happen? I feel like it should, but when should I keep an eye out?
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile

I've never seen any unit consume the corpse or parts of another unit?  does this happen? I feel like it should, but when should I keep an eye out?

Basically, legends mode.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare