Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Targeting specific locations, increasing stats, and obtaining items.  (Read 1180 times)

LizardKing

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXP:0]
    • View Profile

Tried looking in the Wiki, but couldn't seem to find any information about this.

First of all, is it possible to target specific body parts with my weapons? I can do it just fine while wrestling (though grabbing someone by the toe doesn't seem terribly useful), but no such option when attacking. It should be noted my weapon skills are only "Dabbling" since I mostly just throw things and then break their legs, I'm not sure if maybe the option would appear once I'm more skilled. Really I just want to stab people in the eyes while they sleep.

Secondly, stats such as agility and strength. Do these ever increase? I somehow have superhuman stats for all 3, but that still doesn't seem enough to let me throw people around much just yet.

Finally, I've got myself a full set of decent bronze armour, but where's a good place to look for better items? Should I be hunting down forts and things? I don't have any abandoned forts (from Fortress mode) on this map, so it will have to be ones generated instead.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Targeting specific locations, increasing stats, and obtaining items.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 04:00:03 am »

A: there was supposed to be intended targetting but i dont think its in yet
B: I think not, but you cant throw large creatures far anyway
C: the only way to get stuff better than bronze is either, be a creature that has metals better than bronze, or kill a creature that has metals better than bronze...

LizardKing

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXP:0]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 05:35:23 am »

A: there was supposed to be intended targetting but i dont think its in yet

Ah, that is a shame. Hopefully it will appear soon, it'd be great to go around as a dwarf cutting peoples legs off. "Cutting them down to size", so to speak.

That's a shame. It'd be good to at least control the direction that they're thrown, so I can grab someone and throw them into their friend behind me.

C: the only way to get stuff better than bronze is either, be a creature that has metals better than bronze, or kill a creature that has metals better than bronze...
I guess after battering some more poor defenceless (mostly...) animals to raise my skills a little I'll have to go hunting.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 07:32:42 am »

That's a shame. It'd be good to at least control the direction that they're thrown, so I can grab someone and throw them into their friend behind me.
Throwing direction is also random & can also be quite.....stupid. Sometimes you'll end up throwing somebody unto yourself thus getting knocked down.

Seriously, why the hell would I throw an elf against my own body? Reverse hug?
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...