Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Management of the fortress: How to do it without Dwarf Therapist?  (Read 3567 times)

hailthefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Management of the fortress: How to do it without Dwarf Therapist?
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 02:03:11 am »

DT lets you see the skill levels of all your dwarves, along with all currently assigned labors at a glance in a single screen, and you can sort it in a whole litany of useful ways, for example, by highest skill level, by current labor, by most assigned labors, by migration wave, by military eligibility.. all sorts.

And it has a built-in memory scanning function that you use to produce the offsets. I haven't messed with it since I haven't found instructions yet but it can't be THAT hard.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 02:40:22 am »

to be fair to the people asking how to get it to work with newer versions, unless you managed to find out by chance about the offsets, you are probably going to ask why your version doesnt work.
If he had just put the offsets on the first post and maintained that first post as such, he wouldn't be dealing with all that spam.. (or atleast a good chunk of it)
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Ratbert_CP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Enraged Primate
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2010, 08:40:09 am »

I think it uses DFHack memory.xml, so if it doesn't work with a version you can probably take the memory.xml from any other DFHack based program that works with the version of DF yer playing and plug it into therapist to get it working, but I'm not 100% sure I'm correct on that.

The main thread is here -> http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=39229.0

It does not.  Japa created a version a long time ago that used dfhack, but chmod used his own memory twiddling code.  The tools for calculating the offsets are built right into DT.  The new maintainer may or may not incorporate dfhack into DT.
Ratbert #CP#Z
"For FUN and HONOR!"

DalGren

• Bay Watcher
  • Arcade survivor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2010, 06:34:42 pm »

I personally think the new maintainer should bind with dfhack, it sounds like a good standard (correct me if I am wrong) and in this kind of thing, standarization helps a lot. Even if dfhack was unmaintained, if it's the standard it can be easily taken over or updated...at least it's better than fragmentation that requires maintaining everything separately, with different languages and coding styles.
I often play devil's advocate for the sake of debate. Don't take it personally.
Pages: 1 [2]