Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: flattr  (Read 2344 times)

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
Re: flattr
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2010, 07:11:43 am »

I don't trust that website at all.It sounds more like a get rich quick scheme that somebody is using,with us as the things that they are getting rich off of.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2010, 12:50:29 pm »

I don't trust that website at all.It sounds more like a get rich quick scheme that somebody is using,with us as the things that they are getting rich off of.

While that is a bit harsh ...

It seems to lack banking license. Which means that it is not required to handle your money as your property and they can pull paypall thing and freeze-rob ones account without any legal problems.

I'd handle it with as much optimism as paypal2

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2010, 01:45:35 pm »

That's ridiculous. Where do you see a get rich quick scheme in this ?

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2010, 10:52:25 pm »

For a start,don't you have to type your pin number to withdraw money?and you have to pay to keep your account and don't they get 10% of the donations you make?

riffraffselbow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2010, 12:42:35 am »

Basically, I don't like it for the double-dipping; requiring money for an account and then taking a percent is just sleazy.
"And God saw that the world was too moist, and that none of the Scorpion race could be placed upon it; and so he started over."

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2010, 03:28:40 am »

While that's true you have to "pay" at least 2 € each month, that money doesn't go toward Flattr. It's distributed between each people you "flattr'd", or, if you didn't pushed any button this month, to charity. The only money they get from this operation is the 10% on revenues, which seems acceptable since we're talking about micropayment.

kiffer.geo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2010, 04:53:21 am »

While that's true you have to "pay" at least 2 € each month, that money doesn't go toward Flattr.

I thought you had to pay in a minimum of 2 Euro to be a user, and a two euro fee to get a botton so people can flattr you? Does everyone automatically get a flattr button if they have an account?

The only money they get from this operation is the 10% on revenues, which seems acceptable since we're talking about micropayment.

don't forget they have your money for a month and may well be making money on the interest...
If they got 100,000 users paying an average of 10 euro a month they'll get 50,000 euro a month from their 10% (lets guess 5%ish goes to the CC companies, and 5% to flattr) but they'll also have a million (roughly) in the bank which they get at the start of the month and know they don't have to give back untill the end of the month...
More users, more money, the bigger a pile of cash you have  the more you can do with it to make money in the short term...

Timst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2010, 05:29:31 am »

Yep there is only one kind of account. You don't have to pay to get buttons, you just have to transfer at least 2€ / month on your account that you can donate. If your account run out of money, it will simply deactivated (ie, your button won't be operational).

You're right about interest, but it's not like you'll miss the huge piles of money you'll miss by not having interest on something like 10 €.
Pages: 1 [2]